5

Y/N's POV

It had been a little over two months now since I'd moved into the bunker with the Winchesters.

I was understandably, incredibly nervous about the entire thing. Any hunter would feel intimidated sharing a home-base with the most famous hunters in the world... but I realized very quickly just how down to Earth and lovable they were.

They argued over simple things like an old married couple. Sam would argue with Dean about playing music too loud, and Dean would argue with Sam about moving his stuff around when he tidied up. It was comedic, and heart-warming. Coming home to them was like enjoying a glass of wine at the end of a very long work day.

Sam and I had formed a special relationship. I wasn't one to talk about my emotions, like the disheartening feeling of being too late to save a victim on a hunt, nor the unspoken ghosts from the past that tried to claw their way to the surface now and again.... but Sam had taught me a lot about not keeping them bottled up.

Despite his intimidating physique and his gruesome hunting track-record, he was the most gentle giant I'd ever met, and he was the perfect shoulder to cry on, in the rare circumstances that I allowed myself to do so. He very quickly became the best friend I'd ever had.

Dean, on the other hand....I don't think I have a word to describe what exactly my relationship with him was.

Everything we did together was a competition. I had talked a big game about my competitive nature.... little did I realize he was just as bad, if not way worse.

I'd hit a bullseye when we had shooting practice at the range, he'd shoot three more directly through the hole my bullet had made. I'd go on a hunt with them to clear out a large vamp nest, and by the time I'd decapitated two of them, he'd finished off four. I'd tell a story about a wendigo I took down, and he'd tell the story of how he bestest a few of the literal fucking Four Horsemen.

I was good at my job, no doubt about that.... but I severely underestimated him after the way we'd met, and he made it a conscious point to prove that at every turn, as if to punish me for my skepticism. In a way it humbled me, which annoyed the shit out of me to no end... but I couldn't deny the fact that it was also a massive turn on.

And to make matters worse... the competition didn't stop even when we were at home.

We would see who knew the most 80's rock trivia, who knew the most ways to kill different creatures, who could take apart their gun and put it back together the fastest....who could make the other blush first....who could refrain from touching the other the longest...

That last one... was a competition that was still ongoing, and it was one I refused to back down from. He had shown me up so many times, and I was left feeling defeated and outmatched. But not backing down from my own temptation...I was at least sorta good at that.

But holy fuck....was the sexual tension between us dense. I knew for a fact Sam could feel it too... but him being the sweetheart he was, he constantly acted oblivious to it, although I knew we were starting to drive him insane.

It had gotten so intense between Dean and I, that it was hard to sit in the same room for extended periods of time without the intrusion of depraved, lustful thoughts clouding up my mind. Honestly, I don't think I've ever craved anything more in my life than to feel his touch.

But even then, there was no way I was backing down. I would not be the one to make the first move. I was gonna win this one.

His feet were planted firmly in the same place as mine, but I could see it start to wear on him over time. There had been multiple occasions where he almost slipped up...almost went in for a kiss, almost pounced on me after I teased... and I knew that slowly but surely....he was losing this challenge.