38 - Final Chapter

Three Years Later

Y/N's POV

Another day, another dollar....minus the dollar.

Although, I gotta be honest...the lack of money in the lifestyle we lived didn't bother me as much as it did once upon a time.

Because I had something much....much more valuable than that.

----------------------------------------------

"Soup's on!!!" I bellowed loudly from the kitchen of the bunker, flinging a dish towel over my shoulder as I wiped the sweat from my brow.

I had spent the last hour slaving over the stove, pulling out all the stops. I wasn't much of a chef before...my diet usually consisted of gas station munchies and the occasional stop at a burger chain. But over the years, Dean had shown me some of the basics...and it turns out I actually had a knack for it.

On the menu tonight, I had grilled up a few steaks, each made to order.

Sam liked his on the side of well-done...which Dean and I gave him shit for at every turn, because the rest of us liked our steak on the rarer side; the more pink, the better.

I had also baked a few potatoes, sauteed some mushrooms, and tossed up a side salad. The salad was mainly for Sam and I though. I didn't mind vegetables...but Dean on the other hand, always had to say some sly comment about it being rabbit food.

As I turned the stove off and went to grab a stack of plates, I heard Sam enter the kitchen behind me.

"Smells incredible." he smiled warmly at me.

"Well you better enjoy it. The one that looks like a burnt tire is for you." I snickered as I gestured to his steak with a pair of tongs.

"Fuck you." he laughed, making his way to the fridge to grab a beer.

"Where are the boys?" I asked.

"They're in the garage. If you wanna go grab them, I'll set the table." he offered.

I nodded, setting the tongs and the dish rag from my shoulder onto the counter, before making my way out of the kitchen and towards the garage.

Once I got there, I very quietly opened the door, as not to disturb whatever was going on inside. I peeked my head in, and instantly felt my heart flutter at the sight before me.

The hood of the Impala was propped open, and Dean was hunched over it, working diligently inside. And standing next to him, holding a flashlight to illuminate Dean's workspace....was Jack.

---------------------------------

In the months that followed my rescue from Hell, we had worked alongside Crowley, Rowena and Gabriel to locate Lucifer's son. We were all under the impression that this Nephilim would bring the end of days. He was the son of Satan, after all...isn't that how it was always foretold?

So we worked tirelessly. Rowena and Sam spent their time practicing their spellwork and readying themselves for the big prize fight that was sure to ensue...Gabriel and Cas spent a lot of their time in Heaven, trying to arm it against whatever universe-shattering carnage would come of it...and Crowley did the same, only in his domain, in Hell.

Dean and I spent our time researching anything that could potentially hurt the thing...and we made sure our weapon stores were up to par. We'd collected as many artifacts, spell ingredients, blades and guns as we could get our hands on.

And yanno....we spent a lot of our time doing other stuff too... A LOT of other stuff...but I'm sure that goes without saying.

Fast-forward a little bit, and Cas was actually able to locate the mother of the Nephilim... a civilian secretary named Kelly Kline.