Breakast

Satan led me to the kitchen where I could smell fresh baked pastries. Not like a cookies smell, but something else. "Here, sit down for me." He motions to the table and pulls out a chair.

I promptly sit down and look up at him standing with his back facing me. He's at the stove preparing my meal, I presume? He turns around with a plate in one hand and a cup in the other. His eyes meet mine and he smiles gentle as he places the items before me. "I made you pancakes and some tea."

I quickly utter "Thank you!" with a grin, turning in my seat to watch as he walks back to the stove to grab his own plate of food. 'I guess he must've caught onto my love for pancakes...'

Pissy waltz into the room right after I pick up my fork. "Pissy! Come here baby." I cut a piece of my food and before I could do what I was about to, Satan clicks his tongue and there goes Pissy running over to him. I narrow my eyes at the sight. "Hmm.. whatever happened to being my little asshole cat."

He places a mini pancake onto the floor, which Pissy smacks with her paw. Then another smack with the other. Until ultimately, she takes one good sniff and decides it's up to her standards. In a second, it is engulfed. "Meowwww." Pissy mews, rubbing against Satan's pant leg before coming over to me.

"Oh right, now you want some from me." I stab the piece with my fork and bring it down to her so she can take it. Satan comes to the table and settles down himself, also having made himself tea as well.

"Oh, I didn't even know you liked tea!" I smile, looking at him whilst waiting for Pissy to take the pancake.

She swats the fork, sending the piece flying at the window.

With an amused laugh, Satan says "We know where she gets her attitude from, at least."

With a roll of my eyes, I can't help but laugh a bit too.

"And about what you said— I'm just trying out the tea you have here." He says, sipping the glass of hot chai. "Surprisingly, you have good taste."

I think back to my dream, my cheeks slightly flush and I nod. "Obviously I have good taste."

He hums in what I presume is agreement.

"Do you like the pancakes?" He asks, staring at my half eaten plate. I excitedly nod and before I answer, I see he's barely eaten anything of his.

"Do you not like the pancakes? I know you said you're not a big fan of sweets.." I trail off a bit, now concerned with how much food in my house is sweet.

With a shake of his head, he takes another bite. "No, they're good. I was just waiting for your opinion."

My phone dings suddenly. "Oh." I take it from my pocket and unlock the screen, seeing it's a message from Luis.

<Luis (Today 11:13 am): Sorry I left last time. I think I'm ready to actually meet him now......

I laugh to myself and immediately text back:

<(Y/n) (Today 11:13 am): don't worry I was kinda expecting u to bail. U can come over right now hoe

"Who's that?" Satan's deep voice brings me back to reality. I look up to answer and am met with his glowing blue eyes.

"Ah.. just Luis! He wants to finally meet you."

"Didn't I meet him already?"

"Well.. he did kind of... run off before any real introductions happened."