Not Luis... It's Worse!

There's a knock at the door.

"Okay! That's Luis!" I get up from the couch, leaving Satan on his own with Pissy following me to the door. Once I opened the door, it's not Luis.

It's my mom.

Before I could even get a word in, she peaks inside my home and looks back at me with her eyebrows furrowed. "What are you doing dressed like that with a man in your house? You're not married, no man should see you dressed like that." She quietly scolded, before brushing past me to enter my home with a smile on her face. She immediately makes eye contact with Satan and smiles a little bigger.

I look down at myself. 'A shirt and shorts.' Looking up, I furrow my brows. I was tired of being talked to like a child.

"I see we've never met before. I'm (M/n [moms name])." She held out her hand to him, expectant of an answer.

"This is Stan. But what are you doing here? I didn't know you were coming." I spoke before Satan could speak. I wasn't sure if he would know to not introduce himself as "Satan". Still, he shakes my mothers hand and nods in acknowledgement.

"A pleasure to meet you, (M/n). You can call me Stan." He smiled back at her, his teeth basically gleaming white even under my fluorescent lighting.

She turns to me after the handshake. "Well, I called you a couple times, but it kept going to voicemail." She stepped towards me and forced a smile, "I was worried about my baby girl!" Her hand reached out to touch my face.

I move away from her "affectionate" gesture. "Thanks for the concern. I'm okay. I'm actually a little busy today, maybe you can come back some other time." I say coldly. She resists the urge to frown in disappointment.

"Ah, well, you don't look very busy. I don't expect you'd go out in that outfit." Her effort to lighten the mood with a crass joke only made me roll my eyes.

"We have plans with Luis, today. They don't care about my outfit." And as much as I tried to sound confident, I found myself analyzing my outfit.

And as if on cue, my phone starts to ring. "Give me a second." I step into the hallway and into my room to answer the call from Luis, who I was glad to hear from.

"Hey! I'm on my way already but was just wondering if maybe I should stop and get some coffee for us? I don't know.. I feel like it's a little weird to just show up and start talking. I need something to break the tension!"

I laugh, suddenly having forgotten about my mom.

"Oh, actually, that does sound good. But my mom is here right now."

I hear Luis hiss through his teeth, the sound you make when you're in pain— "Damn. I'm sorry, I'll come as fast as I can!"

With a smile I thank him and we end the call. Now, I can hear my mom laughing at whatever Satan just said. When I walk over to the living room, she's there  showing her phone to Satan. "Sooo, what's up?"

"Nothing baby," she says as she shoos me away with her hand and turns off her phone, "I was just showing Stan some old childhood photos."

Satan looks at me with a concerned face, but I can tell he's only trying to keep the peace. I sigh and shrug my shoulders. "Alright, I guess. Luis is gonna be here in a minute and we're gonna leave so, you should start heading out."

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something! But we need some time alone from your little friend here." She takes a look at Satan mid sentence, drawing her lips into a line. My face falls a bit, but I nod. Before I can even say anything to Satan, he excuses himself and disappears into the hallway. I guess be probably went into my room to give us space. "Hm, a man who doesn't need to be told twice. Where'd you find him?" She muses.

A groan leaves my lips. "Mom, I summoned him out of thin air. What did you wanna talk about?"

She rolls her eyes at my comment, disappointed in the fact I didn't give her any kind of story.

"You're getting older already—" she starts, and I cut in, "I'm not even 30 yet..". She coughs and restarts. "Like I said, you're getting older already. I'm getting older. Your dad and I have been together for a while now, and I think it's about time you—"

"Please don't say what I think you're about to say."

"I think it's time, (Y/n), you find a nice guy and settle down like me and your dad did! I want some grandchildren."

"Mom, what! You haven't even asked me how I am and now, you're telling me to find someone to give you grandchildren? You know what," I take a sharp breath in, watching as my moms face starts to cloud with audacity. "I want you to leave. Please."

My mom grabs my arm as soon as I try to walk past her. In a split second, Satan is there asking "Excuse me, but (Y/n), Luis is calling your phone." He holds my phone out to me, slightly stepping in between us.

My mom immediately lets go, turning cheek to Satan. "I'll let myself out. It was nice meeting you, Stan." I sigh, watching her strut towards the door, only to swing it open revealing Luis: arm raised, about to knock. I hear her audibly sigh and say, "Hi Luis." before pushing past him.

...

"Okayyy. Well... I brought coffee."