Chapter 19 Hot and Heavy

After practically dragging his ass to the bath tub I ran a warm bath to clean up the damage. There was so much blood I winced a couple times as I peeled back the layers of clothing. I carefully averted my eyes while undressing him then lowered him into the bathtub.

When I had fully managed to get Kai nice and clean I snuck him some of Damon's clothes and laid him on the bed. I was absolutely astounded he hadn't woken up the whole time I was scrubbing him and messing with his hair. Especially when I not so gracefully fell off the side of the tub because I was painfully reminded the side of my tub is not a seat.

It was weird seeing him peaceful, the kind of peace that only came with sleep. Awake he's haunted by his passed and paranoid of the future. I brushed a piece of hair out of his face and he stirred a bit, leaning more into my hand. It was weird to be reminded of how innocent he seemed yet murdered several people.

I hated the way he made me felt and I didn't like admitting that I had such feelings for him, but then I'm reminded that I've killed too. Maybe not my family and certain not without remorse but I've still killed. Today Damon saw a glimpse of the feelings I had for Kai so I can't hide that any longer but is it so wrong to care for someone who I was exactly like only a few decades ago?

When he finally came too it had been a couple of hours and I was beyond lost in my thoughts. Kai gently touched my hand but I still jumped away from him after being startled. I explained what happened and that we had somehow convinced Joe to come and talk to Liv somewhere less expensive and without Kai. Of course I left out the part where I bargained with Damon to give me the rest of the day before he gets to kill me for being involved with Kai.

His dark blue eyes wandered around the room before that landed on me once again and I squirmed under the intensity of his stare. "You didn't answer my calls." He said flatly not once breaking eye contact. "You killed Luke after I begged you not to."
"You asked me not to merge with Joe there was no rule again-"
"Don't bullshit me Kai I know you were planning to merge with Joe and Luke got in the way." I glared intently at him and he huffed before moving his eyes to the canvas on the balcony. "What's that?"

"That is what's been keeping you out of my room the past couple days."

"You thought I'd break into your room?"

"Wouldn't be the first time." I said pointedly. He didn't have a response to that and I guess he was thinking of that night with the dream too, I shook my head and coughed to rid myself of it. I was suppose to still be mad.

"You were unconscious for a while I thought my hybrid blood killed you." I said meekly remembering how long I sat waiting for him to either wake up in transition or to burst into flames then ash. Luckily neither happened.

"Well I definitely feel weird but I'm ok. Thanks for not wanting me dead."

"Do you really think I'd let you die?" I said, sounding a bit more hurt than I'd intended.

"Well I certainly didn't think you'd be over the Luke thing yet."

"I'm not." I responded flatly, "anyways you're obviously in no condition to move so you stay here for the night and I'll sleep in a guest room." I was just about to walk out when he called out for me "There's clearly enough space for two and do you honestly think Damon will be happy about finding the guest room a mess?" He smirked when I didn't deny him immediately and angled himself enough to open his arms up to me but I only got close enough to stand next to the bed.

"Don't pretend like you didn't kill one of my friends a few days ago." I spat harshly squashing his attempt at lightening the mood. He didn't say anything just sighed and looked down, not remorseful but disappointed by the fact he couldn't win me back just like that.