Orange Tanghulu

Orange tanghulu is a traditional Chinese snack made of skewered fruits, usually oranges, that have been covered in a syrup coating that has hardened. Oranges on skewers are dipped into a hot sugar syrup mixture that cools and hardens to form a glossy, crunchy shell around the fruit. The tanghulu has a sweet and mildly tangy flavour thanks to the syrup covering. A beautiful texture contrast is created by mixing the luscious citrus fruit with the crisp, caramelized syrup.

_____

Bakugo Katsuki (Friends)

Bakugo Katsuki (Friends): If you're so worried cant you talk to him and ask??????

Todoroki Shoto: he needs space
Todoroki Shoto: i don't
[read]

_____

Hanta wakes up the next day on the floor sandwiched between Eijirou and Mina, both already awake and more than ready to coddle Hanta in snuggles and overdramatic forehead kisses.

They take turns during the morning never leaving Hanta's side for even a second, making the kitchen incredibly crowded. Denki and Kyouka earn their fair share of smothering once Hanta escapes the first two.

It warms Hanta to know they care this much about someone like him that they want to make it work, despite everything.

Hanta catches a notification on his phone, one promptly deleted before he can open it. He can make a sure guess on who it might be. He never ends up seeing Shoto that morning, but a sheepish Midoriya hastily grabs some oranges and a peeler and rushes back up the stairs.

It puts Hanta off, like a weird itch on his brain. Hanta should ask, even if a voice tells him that he isn't allowed to. It's a voice he's been listening to, one he forgets he's obeying. He's felt off all morning, it's as though a weight has lightened but brightened ten folds. He's not as burdened, but now he knows he is. He knows there is a weight, and it's heavy.

He needs to focus on himself, pay attention to how Kyouka laughs over his shoulder as Denki ruins the pancakes Katsuki is making while Mina challenges him to do something ridiculous, Eijirou subduing any explosions that arise. He needs to focus on the people around him

His friends are amazing, but Shoto pangs the edge of his mind like a scratchy record player stuck on repeat right at the worst part.

It doesn't seem like anyone really knows what happened the night before, and Hanta's memories don't help either. He remembers the feeling, rather than the events that took place. It's a gross feeling, one that doesn't keep him straight up.

He hates not knowing something about himself, and judging by the way Eijirou is a little quieter, while everyone else laughs a little louder, he isn't alone missing in the details.

Done with breakfast, they retreat back to Hanta's room, the air of an expected conversation ready to take place. One Hanta isn't prepared for, one he seriously does not want to have. From the way they all waddle around each other, Hanta would say he's escaped the talk scot free.

However, there is a reason the room has a tense energy, and it comes purely from Katsuki.

If there is a gap that they could step into without mentioning what happened last night, Katsuki is always there to block that hole. His glare hovers over Hanta, not indulging in the little moments of peace Eijirou and Denki try to give the one ready to implode.

They're all spread out around the room, Denki and Ejirou on the bed with Kyouka on the hammock as the others occupy the floor. They laugh around the issue, the room ready to spark. Hanta's hands quiver enough for him to shove them under his thighs, hiding them away from everyone's eyes.