Chapter five - Felix

I love you too," Hyunjin says. "But... I wasn't completely lying. Min Seo does live here in America, and I did promise to stop by and say hello."

I freeze. "Is that all you're planning on doing?"

He pulls away. "Yes, why? What else would we do?"

I shrug. "I just came to see you and now you're running off with the girl who broke us up?"

"I said I love you, not that I want to date you!"

"Who says I would want to date you? I was simply annoyed that I flew fifteen hours to watch you hang out with a jerk!"

"She's not a jerk!" Hyunjin argues, "And I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of it! She's my friend, and she's gotten over me. Just move on!"

"Well obviously I can't move on! Two years later and I'm still head-over-heels in love with you and I am basically a slave for you! Open your eyes, Hyunjin!"

I'm on the verge of tears again, but I angrily blink them back.

Hyunjin is breathing heavily. "My eyes are open, are yours? I love you, but you broke my heart, Lee Felix! I was finally moving on, and now look where I am! This is what you reduce me to; a foolish, lovesick boy incapable of thinking clearly, always thinking about the only person I have ever truly loved. I can't be with you again! Not yet, anyway. I need to learn how to deal with you being back in my life first."

I open my mouth to retaliate, his words stinging and my anger rising, but his older brother finally steps in.

"Guys, calm down. You obviously have some issues to work out, but right now dinner is almost ready and Haneul is still sick."

Hyunjin takes a deep breath. "Fine. I'm going to go help Mom. Come in if you want, I guess."

He turns and stalks away. I glare after him, muttering some choice words.

His brother sighs and turns to me.

"I'm Ha-ru, by the way." he says, sticking his hand out to me.

"Felix," I respond, sighing. "Sorry I caused problems. I'll head out."

"No, it's fine. Hyunjin is just being his usual stubborn self."

I allow myself a slight grin.

Ha-ru continues. "Please come in and join us. Obviously you mean a lot to my little brother, whether he wants to admit it or not."

I nod and he steps aside, waving me in. "Sorry about the mess," he apologizes, "it's been hectic what with Haneul being on the verge of death and everyone coming to see her."

"It's fine," I assure him, "I understand. I heard so much about Jinnie's family for five years straight, I understand. Well, he didn't really become open until we were fifteen, but I heard snippets for years before that. That's Jinnie for you, secretive as he is cute."

Ha-ru raises his eyebrow. "Five years? 'Jinnie'? Cute?"

I ignore his unasked question. "You speak very good Korean," I note, "Jinnie told me you and your other brother grew up in England."

Ha-ru nods. "I learned Korean so I could talk to Hyunjin, but no one but Aunt Honey and Uncle Fred speak Korean fluently."

"Honey and Fred are here?" I ask.

Ha-ru raises an eyebrow again. God, his poor eyebrows must be exhausted by now. "Yeah. Do you know them?"

I nod enthusiastically. "I spent a lot of time at their house, from when I was ten to when I was eighteen. I was Jinnie's best friend until we were fifteen, when we became... something more. Honey, Fred, and I were super close until around two years ago."