Chapter nine - Felix

"Gimme," I say, reaching over later that night.

Hyunjin rolls his eyes and hands me his ice cream cone.

I grab it and lick it.

I lost a bet to my sisters so we came back with my parents for more ice cream. Thank god Hyunjin's paying again.

My eyes widen. "You got strawberry?"

He nods, taking his ice cream back, laughing at my shocked expression.

"Why does that surprise you?"

"You always complain when Jisung gets strawberry!"

"No, I complain when he gets strawberry and won't share," Hyunjin corrects.

My family laughs.

"Do you want some of mine?" I offer him my vanilla ice cream with sprinkles.

He snorts. "Very sophisticated, Lix."

Young Mi laughs. "Sprinkles make everything better, Hyunjin."

Mi-rae nods. "Definitely," she agrees.

Hyunjin sighs. "Your sisters are way too much like you," he informs me, taking my cone and taking a bite of the top of the ice cream.

I gasp in protest. "Hey!"

He winks and swallows. "Very sophisticated."

I sigh. "You're impossible, Hwang Hyunjin."

"Yeah, impossible to resist maybe," he jokes.

I roll my eyes and laugh. "Maybe... or maybe not."

He glares at me as I get my phone out and start scrolling through TikTok videos.

I smirk at him before returning to my phone.

"You're just going to go on your phone?" My mom asks, rolling her eyes when I nod.

Hyunjin glances at my screen before turning to my sisters. "Okay. I know literally nothing about you. Tell me about you guys."

"Lix never told you anything?" Young Mi demands, throwing a wadded up napkin at me when Hyunjin shakes his head.

"Hey!" I protest, lowering my phone to throw the napkin back. "It never came up!"

"No throwing things at the ice cream shop!" My dad says, amused.

"Lix, you know basically everything about my family," Hyunjin points out.

I have to admit he makes a good point. "Fine. Young Mi, why don't you start?"

"And what will you be doing?" she asks.

"Watching TikTok and possibly spamming my friends, depends on how bored I get."

Hyunjin snorts. "Real mature."

"Says the man who insists we play a game everyday to decide who has to pay for meals." I retort.

"And yet here we are, with me having bought six ice creams and a side of extra large fries."

"That's your fault for losing," I inform him, using his favorite line whenever I complain that I lost.

He groans. "Back to you, Yasmine."

I once again place my phone aside, curious as to what my sisters have been up to since I moved twelve years ago.

We talked to my parents this afternoon, but my sisters are a mystery to me.