What Kind of Day

Chapter One

Kai's P.O.V.

Peace has once again returned and Chen's snake rise was put to an end. Garmadon sacrificed his life to stop the evils rise and was gone in the end. Lloyd didn't want to except it and is now doing better, it has been two months. For the City of Ninjago it has been slow. Nothing happened. I wanted to see Serpentines or the Overlord believe it or not. I wanted to fight evil and get into situations were I would need my brothers to stand by my side. If we were luck we would stop a mugger every few weeks.

I woke up this morning knowing today was going to be different. I sprang up from my bed and ran to the bathroom. If today was different I want a head start. I brushed my teeth and looked at my reflection. Is today going to be a good different day or a bad different day? What kind of day is today?

My reflection became really interesting to the eye and staring at it drew me deeper in thought. I snapped out of it when I saw my eyes flashed red and I dropped my hands to my sides from the sink counter. A image flashed in my head along with the color changing from my eyes. The image with a city, most likely Ninjago City, citizens running and screaming in terror.

My mood quickly changed from confusion to excitement in seconds flat. That image showed that something amazing is going to happen for me. There was going to be action bigger than a normal alley mugger. People were running! Muggers didn't do that to a street of people.

Another flashed of red tinted my vision for two seconds and I backed up into the wall behind me in surprise. This flash was just red. It had no image in it. It kind of spooked me. I had my hands flat on the wall and stood still for awhile. I stared at my reflection more and noticed my eyes flicker red every second or two. Something was not right about today.

Another flash of red covered my vision drawing my hands to my head. Each flash gave a pain in my head. I clenched my teeth. The flashes sounded like nothing but it gave off a sick feeling on your stomach, a heart aching burn, the stabbing pain in my head and the jello feel in the legs.

A flash blinded my sight for longer than the other times. I wanted to scream for help, for it to stop. But my throat was caught still in time as the pain grew terribly unbearable. I dropped to my knees and squeezed my eyes shut tight. It didn't nothing but it was the pain in my head. My entire body ache with the pain from my head.

Another flash not of red but of black. The pain was at its peak and my body shot forward far from my control but from the pain. My head hit a cold hard surface and everything was gone.

Jay's P.O.V.

I woke up this morning to a 'thud' sound. I didn't think about it much and sat up on the top of my shared bunk. I shared with Zane and I begged a ton and managed to get the top bunk. Cole and Kai shared a bunk and Cole was on the top bunk. I scanned the room quickly and saw Cole still asleep and Zane asleep under me, Kai's bed was empty.

I softly landed on my feet and looked around to see if I woke the others. I didn't so I stood up straight. I saw the bathroom light and I figured Kai was getting ready for the day. I walked to the doorway and saw the unexpected. I saw Kai lying on the ground unconscious with blood on the ground, the blood coming from his forehead. I screamed in fear and surprise. This was not what I was expecting when I heard that 'thud' sound.

I heard Cole complain from the wake up call and I kneeled next to Kai. Kai was shaking lightly and was kind of pale.

"Why did you have to scream like a girl Jay?" Cole commented and I grew nervous for Kai.

"Get in here now!" I yelled and I heard a sigh from outside the room. I heard foot steps and a gasp.

"Oh my gosh. What happened?!" Cole asked and I stood up and put my hands on each side of my face not daring to see Cole and Zane's reaction.

"I don't know! I found him like this!" I said and stepped back from Kai's body. Zane walked passed Cole and I. He kneeled down and pulled Kai in his arms.

"Grab some bandages Jay. Cole take him to his bed and try not to get blood on the sheets. I will inform the others." Zane instructed with his mechanical voice and passed Kai to Cole. I opened up the cabinet and looked through it. I grabbed a roll of bandages and a gauze.

I walked back to the bedroom were Cole was holding Kai's head up with his hand making sure blood didn't get on the sheets. I set the bandages and gauze next to Cole and ran back into the bathroom and get a rag. I wet the rag with warm water and ran to Cole who cleaned the blood with it. His head had a red bump on the very middle of his forehead and blood running from it.

When the blood soaked into the rag it bleed a little but not a ton. Cole put a gauze over the bump still holding his head up with his other hand. I grabbed the bandages and wrapped Kai's forehead going over the gauze. I stepped back and Cole softly placed Kai's head on the pillow. Cole grabbed the rag and the extra bandages and walked to the bathroom.

I stood alone in the bedroom till,

"Oh my gosh! Kai!" A female voice ranged and I turned to her. Nya ran to her brother and hugged his body. A tear ran down her cheek and I looked back at the door. Zane walked in along with Lloyd and Sensei Wu. They walked over to me and Lloyd looked worried.

"What happened?" Lloyd asked and I looked over at Kai.

"I walked into the bathroom and found him unconscious." I explained and saw in the corner of my eyes Cole walk out of the bathroom.

"I think he fell and hit his head on the sink." Cole explained and Nya sat next to the bed that had her brother in it. Sensei Wu stroke his beard and Zane still with a silver body and bright blue eyes hummed in thought.

"I believe Kai did not fall." Zane said and walked in the bathroom followed by the others and I, and Zane stood in front of the sink. The pool of blood was cleaned from Cole. Zane stared deep into the mirror and leaned close to it. The moment grew awkward and everyone looked at each other. Zane stood normal again and looked around the room. "He was in pain and almost like there was a force to hit his head on the sink."

"How do you know Zane?" Cole asked and Zane turned to everyone in the door way.

"My six sense helped me know that Kai is in pain before he hit his head and it had to be the sink that gave him the bump on his head." Zane explained and everyone nodded knowing not to question a nindroid that knew what he was talking about. Everyone walked back to the bedroom, out of the bathroom.

Sensei Wu left the room to mediate. Zane left to make breakfast. Everyone switched to their day time clothes. Lloyd, Nya, Cole and I sat in the bedroom waiting for Kai to wake up. Because things were different without him. Without him the day would be slow and boring. Everyone stayed silent, even I was. What I saw really creeped me out. I didn't know what could lighten the mood but a simple smile. So I gave it a shot and received three smiles in return.