Chapter 12

[A/N:] Sorry for any mistakes guys! <3

"Woo! Go Jaguars!" Cora screams into my ear, causing me to flinch.

We were at the homecoming game and everyone was buzzing with excitement. This would be our last year attending Elwood High's homecoming game as students and so there were a lot of people here. Plus, we were going against the Christian Boys Academy, which was a private school across town. It's also the school Evan attends and it's funny because he's on the team.

Cora told him although he was her boyfriend; she was always going to cheer for her school which I thought was pretty funny. Apparently, the CBA boys have been undefeated all season, so I'm really hoping our school can beat them.

Hunter's favorite game of the year was always homecoming and since this was his last year playing for this school, all week he's been working the boys hard to prepare for this day. Plus, I secretly know that the scout from Notre Dame is here and I can see him sitting with the other lacrosse players, talking with the coach while simultaneously watching the game. Or maybe mainly watching Hunter, because that is who he's here for right?

I still didn't even know how I felt about the situation. Why wouldn't Hunter tell me? Was he afraid that I would be angry with him? Of course I wasn't angry that a scout from one of the biggest colleges in the country was interested in him. That would just be very selfish and inconsiderate of me and I would never do that to Hunter. If anything, I'm super excited for him. I know how much lacrosse means to him and I would never get in the way of that.

But what angers me is that fact that he has been hiding this from me for the past two weeks. We even talked about college this week, so why was he hiding it from me? That's where I get angry and it makes me feel like he has to hide things from me. And how did Mandy and Matt know before me? Especially Mandy. That girl can't ever keep her nose out of someone else's business. She's so annoying.

She and Matt were sitting on the bleaches beside us, snuggled up and cheering. The sight of them made me want to barf. Their relationship was so fake, and Mandy knew that herself. She was using Matt for something and I wanted to know what it was. But I didn't want to know bad enough for me to pester her about it. As long as the girl doesn't say anything to me I am completely fine.

A loud cheer and heavy stomps from the bleachers startle me and snap me out of my deep thoughts.

"Asia, did you just see that?!" Cora shakes my shoulder really hard and smiles at me.

"See what?" I ask.

"The shot that Hunter just made! It had to be from almost the half point line! Furthest shot I've ever seen." She exclaims.

I look out into the crowd and see the boys all hugging and cheering Hunter, and they even lifted him in the air. There was a loud beep, indicating that it was halftime and the score had just amped up from 12-14 to 18-14.

"I guess I missed it," I shake my head.

"Were you not paying attention?" Cheyenne asks. "Damn girl, you should be taking pictures and videos of you man in action. I mean after all, he is using the stick you bought him."

"Maybe that's why he made the shot," Cora says. "Maybe you're his good luck charm."

I laugh aloud. "I am hardly his good luck charm. Hunter's a natural at this game."

"He's been killing every away game ever since you bought him that stick." Cora points out.

"It's either that or you've been giving him that good good." Cheyenne smirks at me from her reference.