Chapter 19

I feel like I have been floating for hours now. I'm still in a dark abyss and I've yet to find my way out. I feel connected to my body again, but I still feel detached from everything else. I'm awake, I know I am. But I can't move or speak. What was going on?

I'm shivering. My teeth are chattering uncontrollably. I'm trying to huddle together but I can't. Something's restricting my arms. Why am I so cold?

It feels like days go by before my eyes flutter open and I am met by even more darkness. I know I am awake. I can feel my eyes blinking. I can feel my arms and legs again, so I must be awake. I begin to panic because something doesn't feel right. I feel as if I'm going to die and my chest feels heavy. My heart is palpitating and I have no clue on how to stop it.

My breathing is loud and heavy. I move my head slowly back and forth, trying to shake the weird feeling off but it doesn't go away no matter what. Instead, I am hit with a massive headache and every few seconds I'm wincing from the pain.

What happened? And why is it so dark?

I realize that I have to be in a room. But I can't move. My arms are chained behind my back by handcuffs, making it hard to move my body. I can feel that I'm on a floor. It's hard and cold, so I'm guessing it's concrete. The only thing eerie about this room is that it's pitch black. No, not a black where you can still make out a few shapes here and there.

No. This was on a whole other level of darkness. There were absolutely no windows in here so I was cut off from the outside world. I had no indication of time. Was it day or night? How many days have passed? I can't even say how long I've been passed out.

Passed out. I've been passed out.

Or was I just asleep?

No, I definitely had to pass out.

I felt like I was suffering from a major hangover, when I don't even remember getting drunk. In fact, I can't remember much of anything. The last thing I remember was getting off the phone with Hunter and Matt telling me to try some drink. Then he said we were going to play a game and everything from there was fuzzy and I could barely recall what happened. I tried really hard to remember, but I can't.

What happened to me? I just know that I feel like crap and I am handcuffed in a dark and scary room.

"Hello?" I called out. My voice cracked and I felt very parched.

There was no reply. Just silence.

"HELLO?" I screamed, even though it hurt to do so. "CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?"

Nothing but silence. No one could hear me. No could see me and I couldn't see a thing. I was alone. Completely alone. Tears began to flood my eyes and I began to cry. Where am I? Why am I so cold? Why is it so dark? Why am I so alone? What happened that I can't remember at that party?

"SOMEBODY PLEASE!" I cry out as loud as I can. "SOMEONE COME AND HELP ME!"

But no matter how hard I yell, no one is coming for me. I cry harder, not understanding any of this. I shut my eyes and squeeze them tight. This must be a dream. I must still be asleep and passed out. Because this can't be my reality. It just can't be.

But the harder I tugged on my handcuffs and the more they began to dig into my skin, the pain felt too real to not be. The tears felt too real. And the effects from drinking we're hitting me much too hard to be fake.

I was still feeling a bit impaired. My headache was still throbbing, causing me to feel dizzy, and the heart palpitations have yet to calm down. This was it. This was how I was going to die.