14. Better in Time

"Move in with me."

"What?"

"I'm looking at a new place. Living in a hotel isn't the best thing in the world. Look, I can show you the listing." Mark explained, taking a sip of his drink.

"Mark I don't think that's the best idea. We still haven't properly spoken about what happened the other day. And besides, George will kill the both of us." Kate said, swirling around her wine glass.

"First of all, George is like a baby. He's easy to take down. He's weak." Mark stated cockily.

"Watch it. He's my brother." Kate said with a glare.

"Am I wrong though?" Mark questioned the surgeon sat in front of him.

"Not exactly." Kate mumbled.

"Precisely. Look, about what happened the other night. I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. It just felt right." Mark explained. Kate sighed.

"It's just after what you did to me I found it hard to even think about you, let alone kiss you again. I mean, I enjoyed it but it's just really difficult." Kate said and Mark nodded slowly.

"I could say that it won't happen again but I would be lying." Mark said smirking.

"Is that so?" Kate quizzed the plastic surgeon.

"Yeah. It's you and me. It's inevitable. Just think about moving in with me, okay? Who knows how long you're gonna be here." Mark said.

"Show me the advert." Kate said. Mark dug around his pocket. He pulled out a crumpled piece of paper and handed it to her.

The advert was a 3 bedroom apartment with an open plan kitchen/living area. The rent was affordable and the bills were included with the price. It was amazing however the only issue was with her living with Mark.

"I love it. And it's affordable." Kate said.

"So what do you say? I can put a down payment on the apartment tomorrow morning. I just can't afford the rent on my own." Mark explained. Kate sat for a moment to think about every scenario possible.

"Okay fine but on one condition." Kate said.

"What's the condition?" Mark asked.

"No putting the moves onto me." Kate said, taking a sip of wine.

"Can't promise that." Mark smirked. Once again, Kate glared at him. "I'm kidding."

"You better be." Kate laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And that's the last box. We've officially moved in!" Mark exclaimed, placing a box on the island.

"Now the fun part. Unpacking everything! I call the biggest bedroom." Kate said, picking up one of her boxes.

"No fair. I found the damn apartment." Mark said.

"Well I called it and now it's mine." Kate said, walking towards the bedrooms.

She checked out all of the bedrooms and placed her box down in the biggest one. She took a moment to breathe. I've moved back in with Mark what am I doing?! She thought. She sat down on the bed and took a moment to think about everything. At the end of the day, it wouldn't be for a large amount of time. She stood back up, took a deep breath and started unpacking.

After about an hour or so, she heard a knock on the door. She turned around and saw Mark standing in the doorway.

"Are you okay?" Mark asked softly.

"Yeah. Just taking everything in." Kate said with a weak smile. Mark walked into the bedroom and sat next to her on the bed.

"I'm sorry if this is too much for you. I know what I did in the past was wrong." Mark said.

"I'm just scared of things being awkward between us and us not being able to live together." Kate said.

"Look, I'm going to be on my best behaviour." Mark said. Kate turned to him and looked into his eyes. She knew he was sorry. The pair leant into each other, finally connecting their lips together.