𝗂𝗂. 𝗆𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗆𝖺𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋

ii

ii. mind over matter:

      "HEN, are you okay?" Jazmyn shouted as she made her way over to Hen

"I need a little help." Hen chuckled as she gestured toward the debris that was on top of her.

Jazmyn nodded as she lifted the debris off of her. "You can stop trying, the radios are down." she informed.

"Great," Hen muttered as she sat up and dusted her clothes off. "Are you okay?" she asked Jazmyn, who sighed.

"I'm fine. Just minor stuff, but we need to see if anyone else is down here. I only woke up a couple of minutes before you." Jazmyn dismissed.

Hen knew something was wrong, but there was no time to fight with Jazmyn right now. "Is anyone else down here?" Hen asked and a man groaned.

Jazmyn and Hen managed to crawl their way towards him. "221, right?" Hen asked him.

"Yeah, Russ." Russ groaned.

"Hen and Jaz. 118. Where's...Wheres your radio, ours are toast." Hen asked him.

Russ struggled to speak, "I don't have one. All radios were issued out. It's not my shift."

            "Came here on your day off, huh?" Jazmyn tried to keep the mood light.

           "Yeah. Nothing new on Netflix." Russ grunted.

          Hen and Jazmyn look at each other before the two tried to lift the pillar off of Russ, even with using tools, it was no use. The pillar wouldn't budge.

            "There's gotta be a jack in one of these cars." Hen stated as she started to search through the car.

          "Don't waste your strength or your time." Russ insisted.

           "I think you have amnesia, Russ. You know that's what we do." Jazmyn smiled down at him.

           "And we are all getting out of here." Hen added.