𝗏𝗂𝗂. 𝖻𝗈𝗇𝗇𝗂𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗅𝗒𝖽𝖾

vii

vii. bonnie and clyde:

     THE 118 were called to a hospital where everyone had passed out except on person, who was being operated on

THE 118 were called to a hospital where everyone had passed out except on person, who was being operated on. The 118 wore hazmat suits as they entered the hospital.

      "What are we thinking? Gas leak?" Chimney asked.

      "Could be some pathogen. World's a crazy place these days." Hen stated.

      "Negative for combustibles as for now. Mask stay on for the duration." Bobby instructed as he led the team through the hospital.

"Where is everyone? It's too quiet." Buck questioned.

"Probably passed out, Buck." Jazmyn answered.

      "Got one over here," Eddie called out once he noticed the passed out person. He bent down to check the woman's pulse and check out the rest of her body. "She's gotta pulse. Pupillary response...normal."

"Help! Please help!" a woman called out in the distance. The rest of the 118 followed the woman's cried. Once the 118 reached the room the woman pointed to the men on her legs. "Oh, help me. They're crushing me."

     Trying not to point out the woman's skin that is off of her neck, revealing the tissue underneath, Bobby looked at Buck. "Buck, give me a hand over here. Chimney, you check on her." he instructed.

"What's wrong?" the woman scratched her neck and ignored Bobby's protests to stop. "What the...?" the woman noticed the blood on her hands.

"Ma'am, it just looks like the staff here just wasn't 100% done before they lost consciousness. You're still under the effects of the general anesthesia, which is good. Okay, we're gonna keep you nice and numb. But, I'm gonna need to put a cold compress on your face, okay?" Hen tried to calm the woman down before she looked at Jazmyn. "Jaz, a little help over here?"

        "Is there a stitch loose?" the woman asked.

      "Look, you're probably gonna feel cold, but you're not gonna feel any pain. We've got to preserve as much tissue as possible when we travel you to a hospital." Bobby explained.