Life or Death

After the dinner, it was time for the training between Laenys, Lucerys, and Jacaerys to begin.

Laenys had gotten dressed in training gear and she had walked towards the training grounds. She could already spot Aemond training with Ser Criston Cole, and her nephews were picking out a weapon over near a table.

A crowd had formed around Aemond and Cole, watching intensely as the Prince bobbed and weaved from Cole's weapon. His feet danced gracefully as he skillfully held his sword. Laenys watched as intensely as the others before she made her way to the weapon table, just passing by and grabbing a metal sword.

Suddenly Aemond struck down Criston Cole's weapon, making it fall from his hands. Aemond pointed his sword at the man, and Cole smiled. Everyone began to clap for the Targaryen Prince.

"Well done, my Prince. You'll win Tourney's in no time." He said.

"I don't give a shit about Tourney's... nephews..." He said looking over at them with a glare. "... have you come to train?" He asked them, putting down his sword.

I walked through the crowd. "No," I said, making everyone's eyes look at me. "But, I have," I said, clasping my sword tightly. He knew that if he laid a finger on those boys it would possibly mean his life. Ser Criston backed away slowly and watched the two.

The crowd began to murmur to themselves, possibly even gossiping. Aemond's eyes landed upon me before he clenched his jaw with near anger. I made my way towards him before readying my sword. "Do not be gentle with me, I have trained with a sword as well, my Prince," I said.

"How convenient." He said, before he suddenly lunged towards Laenys with his sword in hand, swiping at her fast. She swiped at his sword, preventing it from touching her. She pushed his sword back before he swiped at her top half, but she jumped back.

"You don't really think I'd allow you to touch those boys?" She said in High Valyrian, before running for him and swiping her sword to his torso but he blocked it before pulling out a Valryian dagger. He used both weapons to knock her sword back. "Of course, I know. You'd protect those bastard boys till you die, right Laenys?" He hissed with a rising anger. Laenys clutched her sword before they began swiping at one another as if their life depended on it.

The swords sounded sharp as they hit one another.

"I am defending my own blood, why can't you understand that?" She said reeling back her sword and stabbing it towards him but he was quick to block it with his dagger and sword. "I do... but that does satisfy me." He said looking at her purple eyes that looked at him with confusion.

"Then what will...?" She asked. His eyes looked over to see Lucerys looking at his aunt with worry. Laenys glanced back before looking at Aemond with a seething anger. "No!" She said before she pulled her sword away, and swiped his sword away, knocking his dagger out his hand.

She reached into the air and grabbed the falling dagger. Which made Ser Criston Cole's eyes widen. They then began fighting as if Laenys was preventing Aemond from getting somewhere. Laenys used the two blades skillfully to block Aemond's sword, the Prince pushed the Princess off him, making her fall onto the dirt ground.

"Stop...!" Cole said, watching Laenys running up to Aemond. "STOP!" He yelled, making the two suddenly block each other with their blades, so they simply couldn't hurt each other. The two stared at each other's faces. Their breathing was ragged as they watched each other's expressions.

Laenys could feel the side of Aemond's sword pressing up to her neck, while her dagger's tip was pressed up against his. Aemond's eyes examined her face, from her eyes, her nose... her lips. Laenys looked at him with confusion once more, why did he look at her like that?