There Is A Beast Beneath The Boards

Silence. Even more silence than there ever was before, Laenys waited... she waited for any kind of sign that the King had passed. But, there was not a whisper or a piece of parchment paper sent to her.

She was left in the dark...

Laenys sat in her bed chambers, wearing a creme-colored sleeping gown.

She hadn't heard a word about the state of the King since she had visited him nearly two morrows ago, the halls felt colder than ever, like a train had passed by a graveyard. She stood up from her bed and looked over at the standing mirror that stood just across the room.

The flames that came from the burning candles helped illuminate the room but the rising sun illuminated the room the most. Her bare feet were cold against the stone floors as she watched her reflection bleed into the mirror. She looked at her belly which was covered by the silk fabric that was her nightgown. She hadn't processed what being a mother would be, she was so worried about the idea of dying that living hadn't crossed her mind.

She turned her body sideways, noticing the curvature of her belly, noticing it had slightly dropped over the past few morrows. Laenys pulled up the fabric, showing her skin which had stretched to help accommodate the growing child inside of her. She rubbed her hand over her belly and tilted her head quizzically, who could have thought that a woman's body could be able to carry a fully-term child on their hips for two straight months?

She had dotted on what her and Aemond's baby would look like, would they look more like him than her? She had hoped the baby would look more like her family, she would not necessarily like to entertain the idea of having a mini Aemond. She was deep into her thoughts before hearing the sound of her door lock, she turned her head around to face the door and her eyebrows furrowed. She pulled down her nightgown and ran up to the door of her chambers.

She tried pulling at the doorknobs but they would not budge. Did they trap her here?! "LET ME OUT!" She shouted out before hearing commotion outside her window she viewed the main stairs of the castle. She ran up to it before peering out, seeing people walking down the stairs as if they were in a hurry. "What has happened...?" She whispered to herself.

🐉

Ser Criston walked into the Queen's chambers, where she had already been. With Aemond standing in front of her fireplace clenching his fists. He was worried, worried that Laenys might do something stupid, she hated being told what to do, she was half Targaryen.

Alicent looked over at Criston, "Has it been done?" She asked. He nodded his head. "The princess is locked away in her chambers, Your Grace." He said, making Alicent breathe out. "Good." She whispered.

"This cannot be good for her..." Aemond said, before looking over at her. "Nor the baby."

"The babe will be fine, Aemond. Laenys is tough, she can hold her own for the time being... Ser Criston, have you heard anything about the Lord Hand?" She asked. "Prince Aegon's not to be found within the castle walls. Your Grace. Your father has sent Ser Erryk into the city to find him." He said, making Alicent breathe in with distress.

"Ser Erryk knows Aegon he has the advantage." She says before walking up to Ser Criston and looking at him with full trust in her eyes. She stood before him before leaning in. "I trust again to you, Ser Criston, and to your loyalty. Aegon must be found, and he must be brought to me. The very fate of the Seven Kingdoms depends on it... Everything you feel for me as your Queen." She whispers as if it were a secret.

"I will not fail you." He said, unwavering. "I'll come with you," Aemond said, walking away from the fireplace and up to them who looked over at him. "That would not be my desire, Aemond. If anything has happened-."