The Baratheon Girl

The Small Council convened in a grand chamber for the long-awaited proposal meeting. Representatives from noble houses gathered to discuss potential matches for the Targaryen Prince and Princess. The King, too ill to attend, was represented by Otto Hightower, the Hand of the King. Laenys, chose Lord Cregan Stark, while Aemond's fate was seemingly decided for himself as Lady Ellyn, the youngest daughter of Lord Borros Baratheon, entered the room.

Seated around the lengthy table, the air was charged with anticipation. Cregan Stark positioned himself next to the princess, casting a glance across the table where Lady Ellyn and Prince Aemond sat. Otto Hightower initiated the proceedings, expressing gratitude for their presence and signaling the start of a negotiation that could reshape the alliances of Westeros. "We thank you for your presence. The betrothal meeting has been long awaited." Otto Hightower said glancing at Laenys and Aemond.

"We thank you for inviting us to King's Landing, we hope to satisfy our King's wants and desires," Lady Ellyn gracefully greeted, her words carrying a soft smile. Otto acknowledged the pleasantries before giving them the floor to present the benefits of their proposed unions. "You may begin to speak about the benefits of this union." He said.

Cregan Stark rose, detailing plans for a dragon pit to honor both Laenys's dragon, Zafira, and the dragons their children might have. "When the day graces upon our wedding, a dragon pit will be built in the bowels of our castle, to honor the princess' dragon Zafira, our children's dragons, and so on." He said. Lady Ellyn, displaying a charming blend of maturity and playfulness, engaged in a brief exchange about the challenges of accommodating dragons at Storm's End.

"I have to admit Storm's End was not prepared to house Aemond's dragon Vhagar. Nor did we prepare for the possibility of our children becoming dragon riders. It would be hard to sustain these creatures... what do dragons eat anyway...?" She asked with a playful grin.

"Whatever they want," Laenys spoke, making Ellyn look over at her. The young lady glanced down at her lap nervously. "Right, princess. If that is so then taking care of this new era of dragons will be of no difficulty." She said, nodding her head. Cregan smirked.

Cregan's proposal went beyond a mere marriage; he envisioned Laenys ruling over Dragonstone, a prospect met with Laenys's playful defiance. "Wonderful." He said, before looking over at Laenys. "Not only will my men build a dragon pit but we also plan to have Laenys rule over Dragonstone... when she is not with child. The stress of carrying a babe will not be good for her health or her kingdom." He said, but Laenys scoffed. The Lord of the North sat back in his seat.

"Do you not believe I can rule a kingdom while pregnant? Have you met my mother?" She said playfully, making Cregan chuckle. The banter between them, filled with shared glances and chuckles, fueled Aemond's growing frustration.

"Aemond," Otto said, getting the prince's attention."Is there anything you would like to add?" He asked, giving him a certain look.

Aemond, prompted by Otto Hightower, intervened, suggesting a different path for Lady Ellyn. The tension in the room heightened as Aemond asserted, "Lady Ellyn shall not have to build a dragon pit. She can live in King's Landing with the family, with our kind." His gaze, piercing and direct, bore into Cregan Stark, who responded with a subtle roll of his eyes.

"Wonderful. Lady Ellyn, I am sure you will learn to love our family... even if we are Targaryen's." Laenys said with a grin, Ellyn chuckled nervously. "Having your presence here will be a joy to us all." Queen Alicent Hightower said with a gentle smile. Lady Ellyn bowed her head with a grin.

Aemond's sudden confidence challenged the established order, leaving the room hanging in suspense. Laenys, with a subtle yet perplexed expression, observed the unfolding dynamics.