Moon Tea

one year ago

Laenys's pregnancy was never a mystery to those who were involved in the matter, like Aemond Targaryen and the princess's handmaidens. It was always a routine to give the princess her morning tea, and if the prince so wished it... her nightly tea.

So here they were, it was fresh in the morning and the handmaidens ran around the underground kitchens like their heads were cut off. They were trying to prepare Laenys her breakfast for the morning. Figs, with roasted bread and butter. That was her favorite.

"Is the tray ready, we cannot keep the princess waiting." The curvy Valyrian handmaiden named Aryia said, looking at the four women scrabbling to find her figs. "We're trying to find her figs!" A tiny handmaiden said as she searched every drawer and countertop. She finally opened a cabinet and found a bushel of figs sitting just there.

She smiled softly before grabbing the fig chopping it in half and placing it onto the silver platter. A little child named Dyana, a servant girl who traveled to Kingslanding to serve the princess, picked up the tray as quickly as she could before scrabbling up the stone stairs up to the throne room, and down a long hallway.

She was only 12 years old then, so she was just a little child.

She was a nervous one, always kind to others though.

She turned a corner before walking into the princess's bed chambers to see Laenys sitting at her Vanity in her nightgown, pinning up her hair. "Your Grace." Her voice was as gentle as a bird. Laenys turned her head before smiling softly at her. "Your breakfast is ready for you, as is your morning tea." She said, watching the princess stand to her feet and walk over to the little girl. "You are too kind." She says grabbing the tray for the girl and placing it onto her bed. She suddenly heard fast-paced steps entering into the room, knowing it could have only been her husband, Aemond.

"How was your ride to god knows where?" She asked before turning to look at him as he took off his dragon-riding gloves. "I only rode to Harrenhal." He said, making Laenys look at him with confusion. "And what is in Harrenhal?" She asked, tilting her head. Aemond breathed in. "The ingredients for your calming tea." He said, Laenys smiled softly at the man before Dayana walked up to the woman with a cup of steaming tea in her hands.

Laenys hesitantly grabbed it. "I do not need herbs to calm me anymore, Aemond. I'm fine." She said, placing the cup onto the silver tray behind her. She gave Dayana a nod before the little girl immediately scurried away like a mouse. Aemond focused on putting his gloves on the wooden chair beside him.

Laenys breathed in, before walking up to Aemond. "You have been quiet lately." She said, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. He turned around to look at his wife's face which had a smile plastered upon it. "Let me into your mind." She spoke in High Valryian. Before he said anything the curvy handmaiden Aryia came into her chambers with white sheets in her hand.

Laenys turned her head to look at her. "Pardon me, your Grace. I've come to change your sheets." She said, standing at the entrance of the door. Laenys looked at her with confusion. "Why?" She asked. The handmaiden stood there... thinking for a moment. "Have you not bled, princess?" She asked, making Laenys stand there and think for a moment. Laenys looked off into the distance for a moment before looking at her husband. He looked terrified.

"Aryia, I would like to be dressed, please." She said, still deep into thought. She nodded quickly before scurrying off. Laenys looked down at her stomach and placed a shaky hand upon it, it had been 4 months since she had bled. How could she not have noticed? "We might have a bit of a situation, my prince." She said, gulping deeply. She looked back up at Aemond to see him staring down at her stomach as if he was panicking on the inside.