Chapter 2: The past

(art of Adam by me)

Previously: "We both sat down and she gave me a list of questions that I could easily answer yes or no to but than she asked this. "What's your past or in other words what's your backstory?" I froze like I did last time but I knew I had to tell her anyway."

"I am a hellborn just like you." I told Charlie. "But I was sent to the living realm for Lucifer only knows why. I than was raised by my Don of the Mafia Dad and my step brother; Harvest. When I was 5, Harvest would rape me a lot and if I tried to fight him off he would beat me with a piping hot crowbar and than leave. My father had some play in the act, he'd leave me in a room with a black widow ten times the size of me and leave it to bite me till my bones were showing." Charlie looked at me horrified at the fact I told her all that with a straight face and than she cleared her throat. "Did you have any other siblings?" She asked. "Yes. A twin brother and to younger sisters that are twins as well. My twin is named Alex. The older twin out of my two younger sisters is named Amber and the younger is named Ember." "Were you close with your sisters?" "Yes, I loved them. We grew a bond because I had to raise them and take care of them while my father was away all the time. Later on I figured out he wasn't on a business trip and that he abandoned us. I didn't blame it on them though. They were sweet little girls." Charlie smiled in hope. "I'm happy you and your sisters had a good bond. How old were you when you died?" She asked. I sighed. "12 years old. My sister's went with my grandmother after I died." Charlie looked at me in surprise and sadness. "That's really young. I know I asked this before at the check-in..." I knew what she was gonna ask. I didn't like the question but I was gonna have to answer it. "...But how did you die?" She finished the question. I put my head down in embarrassment and shame. "Suicide. I killed myself." I said blankly. She looked at me in sadness and pity, I hated when people looked at me like that.

Charlie's POV: "Suicide. I killed myself." Adam said. I was torn to hear that one of my Patreons killed themselves. "But why? Why would you take your own life?" I asked him. "I-I couldn't take it anymore. T-the rape, the torture, the a-abuse, the words... I c-couldn't take it anymore m-more." He stuttered. I've never heard him stutter before. I got worried. And I didn't want to press anymore but I had to.

Adam's POV: I was on the verge of tears, I can't believe she made me tell her why. I want to leave but before I could ask to leave she asked. "What were they saying?" I turned away. "They said I was a failed little monster. That I was nothing to anyone. I was a mistake, regret, failure, faggot, a monster. All those meant nothing to me until my own dad said that I was a disgrace to the family and if it wasn't for me my mother would still be alive." I choked back tears and stood up. Charlie looked at me devastated and gave me permission to leave. I walked out the room and went out in the streets of hell. I walked into an alley to smoke my stuff before some guy came into the alley way. I started to fiddle with my pistol as I watched the guy approach. "Hey there Toot's." The guy said.