1

Haerin's POV

I was sitting quietly in my chair, listening to my teacher, who was tutoring us, but... I don't want to listen, so I decided to doodle in my notebook.

"Kang Haerin, this is the sixth time I've seen you doodling on your notebook; are you even listening?" the teacher said angrily, and all of my classmates turned to look at me.

"English teachers are so god damn scary," I thought to myself as I nodded and closed my notepad. I forced myself to listen as I stared at the board.

"When are we going to eat lunch?" I signalled Hyein, who grinned and seemed to be holding her laughter.

"Dude, you're always hungry," she signalled and I smiled as she covered her mouth and laughed. "What's funny, Lee Hyein?" inquired the teacher. Hyein sat back in her chair, leaning back.

She looked at me and her eyes said it all; she was clearly pleading for help. "Oh, nothing..." Hyein replied, and the teacher resumed teaching as if she were an NPC. 

I'm so bored. I just want to open my notepad and draw, I tapped my black pen on my table, and Hyein appeared to be resting back in her chair comfortably.

As soon as the bell rang, I put on my backpack and went outside to wait for Hyein. "Dude, that was boring," Hyein muttered.

"I'm going to eat my lunch," I grumbled, "Hi Hyein!" an energetic voice said behind my back as I began walking. The voice drew my attention, and I slowly turned around.

I furrowed my brows as I examined the girl who was currently talking with Hyein; Hyein turned around and pointed at me, laughing, "That's Haerin, my friend who doesn't have the guts to make friends."

"Whatever I'm going to eat lunch," I groaned as I moved away from the two. I looked to my right and saw Hyein strolling alongside me. "Dude," I sighed.

"Heyyyy, don't we always eat lunch together?" Hyein asked. Yeah, she's correct, I sighed. She always comes to lunch with me because no one else wants to eat with me. I suppose not being able to make friends is a disadvantage.

"Dude, what are you daydreaming about?" Hyein asked. "Your mom," I replied, rolling my eyes and laughing. "As usual, lame jokes dude," Hyein said.

"I don't want to eat lunch anymore, bro," I explained. "Why?" Hyein inquired. "I'm not hungry anymore," I said, and Hyein gasped and looked at me with confusion.

"Girl, you're always hungry," Hyein said, and I simply rolled my eyes. "I'm not always hungry," I point out. "Dude, she's exactly like this," Hyein said to the girl she was talking with earlier.

"Uh, I don't know her that well, but I think I agree," the girl remarked, and I don't blame her since it's true. "If you're not eating lunch, then me and Danielle will," Hyein stated before leaving me alone.

So... Is that girl's name Danielle? "Dude, just come with us!" pleaded Hyein. "The fuck? You came back here?" I inquired. Hyein nodded, and I sighed before following Hyein and Danielle.

I sat next to Hyein while the two continued to talk while I drank water and doodled cats.

"Girl. This cat looks cute," Hyein said as she took a peek at my drawing and pointed to the cat I was currently drawing.

"Are you ignoring me?" Hyein asked, as I finished drawing my kitten. I like how this drawing turned out. "Wow, you're really amazing at drawing!" Danielle said as she glanced at the kitten I drew.

"Thank you," I say sheepishly. Hyein hits me with her elbow and sighed, "Why are you so shy?" I roll my eyes, "Well. I am. What are you going to do about it?" I ask, drawing another cat.