2

Haerin's POV

I woke up when a ray of sunlight hit my face, and I remember lying on the couch... And how the fuck did I sleep when I keep on picturing Danielle? I sat on the couch, rubbing my eyes.

"Man... Do I really have to go to school?" I wondered as I stood up and walked up the stairs to my room. I sat down on my bed after entering my room and thought, "I'm skipping school."

I don't want to move right now; all I want to do is sleep. All I want to do is sleep. And my parents won't be here until next week, so I can do whatever I want without them knowing.

I sighed, Hyein might share everything to my parents when they return, but I know Hyein will not report that I skipped school because she is faithful.

I wrapped myself in a blanket and stared at the celling. When I don't interact with Danielle and we aren't close. I'd be too shy to express my feelings.

I'll try to get closer to her tomorrow. 

Hyein's POV

I was seated in my school chair, glancing at Haerin's chair, who is always early... She never misses school, only classes. That's strange; did she catch a cold or... Fever? Or did she develop feelings for someone?

Have a crush? That seems impossible to Haerin, but if she had feelings for someone. She will not attend class for a day in order to get closer to the student she has a crush on.

Oh, I guess I'll have to message her, but what if she's still sleeping? I'm texting her right now.

Haerin Unnie 😴

Me:

Are You okay Kang Kitty?

....

I was becoming concerned as I stared at my phone, waiting for her to respond. Is she ill? She is always looking through strange posts on her phone. I sighed as I turn my phone off. I'm guessing she's unwell.

"Hyein, what's with the troubled face?" Danielle inquired as she examined my face. "Oh, Haerin is sick," I say, and Danielle gasped. "I see," Danielle responded, Then I suddenly remembered her confession.

"Did you tell Niki about your feelings?" I inquired, and Danielle blushed. "No," Danielle replied, and I was attempting to smile despite my disappointment. "You're an idiot," I replied joyfully, and she just stood there as if I hadn't said anything.

"I didn't confess... Because Sunoo," Danielle mumbles, and what she says piqued my interest. "Sunoo what?" I inquired, and Danielle replied, "Sunoo, likes Niki." Really!

I had never heard of it before, and I only learned about it today! I'm not sure if I should ship Danielle and Niki or Sunoo and Niki... I was disturbed by my thoughts until Danielle patted my shoulder.

"Yes?" I inquired, and Danielle smiled, "You're concerned by your thoughts," to which I simply shrugged and decided to ship Danielle and Niki. What else can I say? I frequently see them interacting, and... I don't often see Niki and Sunoo together.

"Niki adores Sunoo; he blushed at my confession because he was staring at Sunoo, who was standing behind Haerin," Danielle explained, and I nodded. "Move on then," I advised.

"Okay, Class," Sunoo joked as he entered the classroom, and Danielle murmured, "And I support them." I looked at her carefully and noticed her smile; she is never upset. She is also encouraging.

Niki approached Sunoo as I glanced at him. I realize what Danielle mean now. Niki also gives Sunoo gifts, which is adorable. But I'm still concerned about Haerin, and I'm curious what she's up to right now. And she isn't messaging or reading my message.

~~

Every lesson has ended, and I'm planning to go to Haerin's house with Danielle. Of course, we're walking until we reach to Haerin's house right now because I want them to grow closer. "So... What are you going to do with your feelings for Niki?" I broke the stillness with a question.

Danielle says, "I'm moving on," not crying, just smiling; did Danielle ever remove that smile from her face? Obviously not.

I came to a halt when I noticed Haerin's house next to us. "This is Haerin's house," I stated to Danielle, pointing to the house. I opened the door after she simply nodded.

Everything in Haerin's house is clean, according to my inspection. The lights are turned off, and Haerin is not sitting on the couch, skimming through posts. "Kang Haerin!" I exclaim, but nothing happens.

I believe she is in her room, either sleeping or scrolling around social media. If I believe she is ill, she must be sleeping. So she's probably sleeping. I climbed the stairs and entered Haerin's room.

"Kang Haerin," I muttered, and she woke up, dressed in a sweatshirt. "Are you ill?" I said as I approached Haerin. "Dude, get out of here," Haerin replied, turning around so I couldn't touch her forehead.

"I'll check your temperature!" I groaned, but Haerin didn't answer. This jerk is completely ignoring me...

"Haerin..." Danielle worriedly whispered, and Haerin immediately turned around, my face wrinkled; she never listens to someone she just met. This is suspicious. I shook my head and placed my palm on her forehead.

"You're not sick, so why are you missing school?" I said, and Haerin did not respond. "Respond!" I yelled, to which she replied, "My head hurts."

But... Headaches are a piece of cake to deal with, or... Her headache is severe. "Is it severe?" I inquired, and she nodded. What am I going to do with Haerin, Unnie?

"Did you drink anything?"

"Yeah."

"Did you take any medication?"

"Yeah."

I paused, not knowing what to say. I'm just asking questions. "Take a rest then." I said and she frowned.

"What if I say no?" Haerin inquired, and Danielle grinned at her stupid and infantile manner. "I'll make sure you answer every page of my math homework--" I was interrupted short by Haerin's repeated "No."

"Sleep," I murmured, and Haerin sat down on the bed. "I don't have a headache, I'm just bored of school," Haerin responded, and I was sad, I don't even need to say I'm disappointed because she can see it in my eyes.

Haerin stands up and leaves Danielle and me alone in her room. "Is she always like that?" Danielle said, and I sighed, "No... This is different, and rare."

Haerin returns with a glass of water and hands it to me, saying, "Your lips are dry," and I smiled, she's a baby but caring.

Haerin's POV

While reading a book, I cast looks at Danielle. Hyein and Danielle were talking about something, and I kept hearing "Niki." They're using Niki in every sentence.

Danielle smiled at me when she noticed me staring at her, and I blushed. I hid my face behind the book I was reading. And Hyein continued to explain. I'm not sure what they're on about. But I prefer not to listen.

And... I don't want to hear what they're discussing right now. It may irritate me if they discuss Danielle's confession. I stopped, wondering if Niki and Danielle kissed after her confession.

I'm crushing on someone who has practically admitted to someone. It's quite disappointing. And I decide not to tell Hyein about it. Because know her well. She ships Danielle and Niki.

I sighed and put down the book I was reading. And decided to overhear their chat. "Niki adores Sunoo," Hyein said, and my eyes widened.

Do I have the opportunity to express my feelings to her? I grinned slightly, I guess I'm lucky in this situation.