Chapter 24

Hoorain came to meet Anabia this morning, Ayeza didn't let her stay here yesterday when got to know Anabia is missing. She has sent Hoorain home with Mustafa. Hoorain wasn't even allowed to come here after they got to know Anabia is back.

As soon as morning arrived, Hoorain requested her parents to let her go to Anabia's house. Ayeza, reluctantly, allowed her.

"Annu, hua kya tha kal?" Sitting beside Anabia, Hoorain asked, worried for her.

(Annu, what happened yesterday?)

Anabia was idly sitting in criss cross position, with a pillow in her lap and her back leaned on the headrest of the bed. She didn't reply to Hoorain.

"Annu?" Hoorain put her hand on Anabia's shoulder to get her attention. Since she has come, Anabia has not spoken a word. In fact, Anabia hasn't spoke since last night, Badia told her that.

"Hoori, tumhe kya mil gaya yeh sab kar ke?" Anabia looked at her, and questioned.

(Hoori, what did you get from doing all of this?)

This made Hoorain's brows creases in confusion, "Maine kya kiya?"

(What did I do?)

"Tum kya kehti thi hume? Ki Mehrab se zyada dosti na karo, woh pasand karte hain tumhe don't lead him on. Kyu tumne mujhse yeh sab kaha?"

(What you used to say? Don't get so friendly with Mehrab, he likes you, don't lead him on. Why did you say all of this to me?)

Zaryab, who was coming to Anabia's room to talk to her, heard her, he got confused why Anabia is talking about Mehrab, and decided to hear her by standing behind the wall.

"Annu, mere kuch samajh nahi araha, tum kya keh rahi ho?"

(Annu, I am not able to understand what you are saying.)

"Bhooli mat bano, Hoorain." Annu raised her voice. Making Hoorain flinch. "Tumhari wajah se kal yeh sab hua. Na tum humare dil mein dalti ki Mehrab hume pasand karte hain, na kal hum waha unse milne jate na khud ko embarrass karte..."

(Don't act innocent, Hoorain.)

(All of this happened because of you. If you hadn't put this thought in my mind that Mehrab likes me, I wouldn't have gone to his house to meet him, I wouldn't have embarrassed myself....)

Zaryab felt as if someone pours a cold bucket of water on him. Yesterday, on the time of their engagement ceremony, Anabia went to meet Mehrab. She was there all day?

"Tum Mehrab ke ghar pe thi?" Hoorain opened her mouth to ask her, but the same question was asked by Zaryab, as he entered Anabia's room.

(You were at Mehrab's house?)

"Zar.. Zaryab?" Both Anabia and Hoorain weren't expecting him there.

"Bolo, Bia, Tum waha kya karne gayi thi?" Zaryab asked. He wanted to hear everything from her, knowing very well it would only hurt him more.

(Tell me, Bia, what were you doing there?)

"Hum... Hoorain ne humse kaha tha woh hume pasand karte hain, hum bas unse wahi puchne gaye the. Hoorain ki wajah se..."

(I... Hoorain told me that he likes me, I went there to ask him about it. Because of Hoorain...)

Hoorain looked at Anabia with wide eyes on her statement. She never told Anabia to go to Mehrab's house.

"Hoorain ne kaha aur tum chali gayi? Bachhi ho 5 saal ki? Khud ki koi aqal nahi?"

(Hoorain told you and you went there to meet him? Are you 5 years old? Don't you have any sense?)