Chapter 30

Zaryab's face was etched with frustration as he stood in Anabia's living room, his hands clenched at his sides. He glanced towards the kitchen where Hoorain was chatting with Zabail, also helping her with the dinner. His face hardened, as he walked over there.

"Hoori, chalo, tumhe ghar drop kardu." His voice was curt.

(Hoori, come, I will drop you home.)

Hoorain's eyes widened as she noticed Zaryab's mood. He gestured for her to come over,,

"Zaryab, main..."

(Zaryab, I...)

"Hoori, tum ghar jao, waise bhi itna late ho gaya." Zabail gave her an understanding smile and told her.

(Hoori, you should go home, it's getting late.)

Nodding her head, Hoorain left the kitchen with Zaryab.

As they were about to step outside, the front door swung open and Anabia walked in.

"Annu, kaha gayi thi sab pareshaan ho rahe the." Hoorain questioned.

(Annu, where were you? Everyone was worried for you.)

"Woh hum Meh..."

(I went to Meh...)

"Hoorain, chalo." Zaryab's voice came, interrupting Anabia's sentence. He has already crosses the door. He didn't stop for Anabia. Hoorain's smile faded when she caught sight of Zaryab's impatient expression.

(Hoorain, come.)

"Tum ghar jao, hum baad mein call karenge." Anabia sensed the tension in the air and stopped in her tracks.

(You should go home, I will call you later.)

Hoorain quickly explained, "Sorry, Pata nahi inke mood ko kya hua."

(I am sorry, I don't know why he is in bad mood.)

Before Anabia could respond, Zaryab's voice boomed from the doorway, "Hoorain, hurry up! I don't have all day."

Hoorain winced at his sharp tone, and Anabia's gaze flickered between them. She let out a sigh and smiled at Hoorain, a touch of resignation in her voice, "Hume dekhke aise hi ho jata hai unka mood. I understand."

(His mood always worsen because of me.)

Hoorain managed a weak smile. "Ghar jake call karungi main tumhe. Aur main subah ajaungi."

(I will call you after reaching home. And I will come tomorrow.)

As Hoorain rushed out to join Zaryab, Anabia's gaze lingered on the two of them. She couldn't help but wonder about their relationship, how Hoorain seemed to navigate Zaryab's moods, she always understands his feelings and excuses for his behaviour with grace and patience.

Shaking her head, Anabia was about to go to kitchen when her feet came to halt, she again turned toward the door from where Hoorain and Zaryab just walked away, a seed of doubt came in her mind. But she quickly remove those thoughts, Hoorain is engaged to Shaqib, she would never...

•••

The car was filled with an uncomfortable silence as Zaryab gripped the steering wheel tightly, his jaw clenched. Hoorain glanced at him, concern etched on her face. "Apka mood off hai?"

(You seem upset?)

Zaryab's gaze remained fixed on the road ahead. After a long pause, he finally spoke, his voice terse, "Nahi toh, I am absolutely fine."