Chapter 26

"Hoori! Dekho darwaze pe kon aya hai." The doorbell was continuously ringing. Ayeza, who was in the kitchen, shouted for her daughter to open the door.

(Hoori, look who is on the door.)

Hoorain was packaging her product. Frowning, she stood up and went to the door.

She got froze up when saw who was on the door. The person was not a stranger to her, but he did left like a stranger. She was seeing him after 4 years, and felt her heart still leaping with the same feeling.

"Hoori!" Zaryab snapped his finger in front of her.

"Mana bohot handsome hoon par aise na dekho, mujhe sharm ati hai." Smiling, he teased her. Hoorain's trance was broke.

(I know I am very handsome but don't look at me like that. I feel shy.)

"Tum yaha?" Hesitantly, she asked.

(You here?)

"Sari baatein darwaze pe hi karogi?"

(You want to talk about everything on the door?)

"I am sorry, please come in." She stood awau from the door and told him.

He entered her house, glancing at the living room where scented candles and boxes were.

"Yeh sab kya hai?"

(What's this?)

"Time pass." Hoorain shrugged her shoulder.

"Mummy ne bataya tha tum ghar se kuch business kar rahi ho." He picked a small candle and smell it. "Achhi baat hai." He looked impressed.

(Munmy told me that you are doing a business from home.)

(That's good.)

Hoorain kept looking at him, she was confused by his friendly behaviour, wanted to ask why he is here.

"Kon aya... Zaryab? Kaise ho?" Ayeza was done making the food, and came here to check who was on the door, like Hoorain, she was also surprised, but she was happy unlike Hoorain.

(Who's is? Zaryab? How are you?)

"Assalam-Alaikum, aunty." Zaryab stood up and greeted her.

"Walekum-Assalam, kab aye tum?" She points for him to sit down, and asked.

(When did you come?)

"Kal hi aya, aaj socha sarey dosto se mil aau, bas Hoori se milne chala aya." Sitting down, he told her.

(I came yesterday, and today I thought of meeting all my friends. That's why I came here to meet Hoori.)

Hoorain's heart skipped a beat on his words. They are friends? He always hanged around with her because of Anabia.

"Tum baitho, main tumhare liye chai banati hoon." Ayeza once again left for the kitchen.

Zaryab sat down, while Hoorain was still standing.

(You sit, I will make tea for you.)

"Baith jao, Hoori, tumhara hi ghar hai." Zaryab called her, pointing for her to sit down.

(Sit down, Hoori, it is your home.)

Putting her hair behind her ear, she sat down. Zaryab caught the glimmering diamond ring in her finger. But decided not to ask about it.

"Toh tum yeh sab sell kaise karti ho? Aur deliver ka kya system hai?" He didn't know what else to ask, so he decided to ask about her business. Hoorain was always shy.