Chapter 29

"Mrs. Ahmed?" Badia was in the waiting area when someone called her. Confused by who called her, Badia looked up. She saw a lady there.

"Mehrunisa! Kuch saal pehle apke ghar ayi thi." Sitting beside her, Mehrusina reminded her with a smile.

(I am Mehrunisa. We met a few years ago.)

A look of recognition crosses Badia's eyes. She was the lady with whom Anabia returned home. Hammad's wife. Badia thought bitterly.

"Sab khairiyat toh hai?" Mehrunisa asked. She never thought the second time she would meet Badia would be in hospital.

(Is everything okay?)

Zabail and Zain were returning after talking to the doctor and stopped when they saw an unknown lady sitting there with Badia.

"Aap apne shohar se jake kyu nahi puchti?" Badia asked sharply.

(Why don't you go and ask your husband?)

"I am sorry?"

"Agar Anabia apke ghar gayi thi toh apne 4 saal pehle hume kyu nahi bataya? Aaj apke shohar ne bataya."

(If Anabia went to your house 4 years ago, why didn't you tell that? Your husband told us everything today.)

"Hammad apke ghar..."

(Hammad went to your house...)

"Maam," Mehrunisa's sentence was interrupted in the middle when a nurse came there. Haniya's checkup was done, and the doctor was asking for her.

Nodding her head, Mehrusina stood up. "Mrs. Ahmed, I am sorry Hammad ne apse jo kuch bhi kaha, main toh Anabia ko apni bahu banana chahti thi." She apologised to Badia, who didn't even glance at her, and Mehrunisa left.

(I am sorry for whatever Hammad said to you, I wanted to make Anabia my daughter-in-law.)

Zain turned to Zabail with confusion. She shrugged her shoulder in response. She had no idea what just happened.

"Mami," Zain went to Badia. "Mamu ko thori derr mein private room mein shift kar denge, ab khatre ki koi baat nahi." Zain informed her while sitting beside her.

(They will shift mamu to a private room soon. There is nothing to worry about.)

"Shukar hai," Badia took a relief breath out.

(Thank god.)

"Mami, main aur Zaryab yaha hain, aap aur Zubi thori derr ke liye ghar chali jaiye." Hesitantly, Zain suggested. He knows Badia doesn't want to leave Zimraan, but Zain doesn't want Badia and Zabail to sit here in the waiting area for too long.

(Mami, Zaryab, and I will stay here. You and should go to home to rest for a bit.)

"Hum nahi ja rahe kahi, hum yahi rahenge." Stubbornly, Badia said.

(I am not going anywhere.)

"Lekin room shift karne mein waqt lag sakta hai, abhi aap mamu se mil bhi nahi sakti..." Zain tried to make her understand.

(You can not meet him yet.)

"Toh kya hua? Hum fir bhi yahi rahenge."

(Do what? I will still stay here.)

"Mami, zyada logo ko yaha rukna allow nahi, ek hi log ruk sakte hain raat yaha."

(Mami, only 2 people are allowed to stay with the patient, and only 1 person can stay at night.)