𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚: 𝙡𝙤𝙘𝙠𝙬𝙤𝙤𝙙 & 𝙘𝙤

└➤ lockwood & co。✑ ───┐

THE LARGE BUILDING OF 35 PORTLAND ROW SEEMED TO TOWER OVER ZIGGY. She sighed as she glanced at Lucy while she adjusted the bag that was strapped to her shoulders. "Are you sure about this?" she asked.

Lucy glanced at her. "Not really but every other agency rejected us and we kinda need a place," Lucy answered.

Ziggy sighed but nodded. "Alright, let's do this then," she said. They only had a few hours until the sun set, the day wasted by almost every agency in London rejecting them. All due to the fact that neither girl had their papers.

Lucy had snuck into Ziggy's room at home, shaken the girl until she woke up and then demanded that she was leaving. Which naturally meant that Ziggy was too. And so she grabbed as much things as she could, stuffing them in her bag before making sure the necklace that Lucy and Norrie had gotten her sat around her neck before the two left.

The air was starting to turn cold, not that it had much effect on Ziggy, the girl was always cold after moorgate, but it pulled on her stitches and made it ached. Which always made the girl desparate to be warm, anything to lose the reminder of what had happened that night. Ziggy followed Lucy up the steps to the faded green door that held the numbers 35 on it in gold, the older girl knocking.

Topaz eyes widened when the door opened and revealed a curly haired boy with tan skin, thick black frames sat on the bridge of his nose while he stared at them in confusion. "Are you Arif's new girl?"

"Who's Arif?" Lucy asked, her own eyebrows knitting in confusion.

The boy shifted as he gazed between the two girls, his eyes widening as he finally noticed Ziggy standing behind Lucy. "Runs the corner shop, usually sends round donuts about..." he trailed off as he looked them up down down before he sucked in a breath. "But you don't have any donuts so you must be more candidates. I thought we were finished. Names?"

Lucy perked up, giving him a small smile. "Lucy Carlyle, and that's Ziggy Adler. Are you Mr. Lockwood?"

The boy made a face at being called Lockwood before he shook his head. "Me? No."

Lucy's demeanor fell slightly. "Oh. Well can we see him then?"

The boy paused before he nodded, moving aside to let the two in. "Don't see why not," he said as Lucy and Ziggy stepped inside. She droned off as the state of the building caught her attention.

It felt homely, like it was actually lived in and cared for. It was so much different than her house with her mother. The air felt inviting even though Ziggy knew that it wasn't possible for air to be inviting. A part of her wondered if her mind was playing tricks on her; another part wondered if it was a side effect of her talents.