𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣: 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙫𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧

└➤ the visitor。✑ ───┐

The small Victorian style house was absolutely freezing despite only being six pm and it made Ziggy wish for a jacket, shivering as she followed George up the cobblestone path to the front door.

It was a nice house for London and it did look almost identical to her mother's last house that it brought a scowl to her face, wishing her hair wasn't up in two French braids so she could hide behind her hair. But she had thrown her hair up before the job so it wouldn't get in the way, knowing she hated having her hair down and always braided her hair before a job.

"Hey," the low, smooth voice of Lockwood made Ziggy falter in her steps, turning her head to look behind her to see the boy standing just a foot away, concern in his chocolate eyes. "If this is too much for you or you need to leave at any point, do it. Don't worry about us, okay?"

Ziggy's chest warmed at the thoughtfulness of Lockwood and she smiled at him, reaching out to take his hand in hers, giving his a soft squeeze. "I'll be fine, I promise," she assured him. "But I appreciate the thought."

Lockwood's gaze was intense but Ziggy found that she couldn't look away, staring back as he studied her for something. He nodded after a minute and gestured to the house. "Shall we?" He asked.

Ziggy nodded, her cheeks burning when she realized she was still holding Lockwood's hand and she let go. She turned around and marched over to the door where it was swung wide open for Ziggy and Lockwood to enter.

She walked right through the door, not bothering to pay attention the items inside, she didn't need to at the moment, she just had to wait until six-thirty and then she could find the source with Lucy and they could leave. She just had to get through this.

Ziggy followed the sound of George and Lucy's voice to the kitchen, seeing them setting up already, George getting biscuits ready while Lucy made tea.

"Well, look who took their sweet time coming in," Lucy teased, grinning at her. "Where's Lockwood?"

Ziggy glanced over her shoulder, frowning when she didn't see him and she shrugged. "I'm not sure, he was supposed to be right behind me," she admitted, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"How very Lockwood," George snarked.

Ziggy laughed, shaking her head. She had grown all too fond of the brown haired boy that was their boss. Infact, it was almost dangerous how her heart pounded at the thought of him.

She knew she had feelings for Lockwood but she knew she wouldn't act on them. They had a good thing here and she wouldn't be the one to ruin it by confessing her feelings to Lockwood and him shoot her down.

Footsteps echoing behind her made Ziggy look over her shoulder, seeing Lockwood walk into the kitchen. "Hey, where did you go?" She asked, shooting him a small smile.