𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚: 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙨

└➤ train rides and talks。✑ ───┐

THE MORNING THEY LEFT FOR COMBE CAREY HALL WAS GLOOMY. It almost felt like a sign of impending doom.

The four had ate breakfast in silence, and Ziggy felt herself almost bursting with restless energy. She couldn't focus long enough to read or sketch and she didn't want to spend too much time training.

She had not an idea of what to do so she spent an hour checking, and rechecking the bags, making sure everything was packed.

When Lucy saw how nervous she was, she was quick to suggest playing cards.

Which they easily roped George in, and then by being too loud, they had managed to rope Lockwood in.

It was nice. Ziggy almost felt normal. Key word being almost.

And then, before any of them were ready, the time had come. They had to leave.

The car ride to the train station was silent. Even purchasing tickets was a a quiet ordeal. It wasn't until they had gotten onto the train that the quiet was broken.

"I call dibs on sitting near the window," Ziggy spoke up, entering an empty compartment. She put her bags on the overhead luggage before she sat down on the left side, looking out the window.

Lucy snorted as the three entered the compartment. The rest of the bags joined Ziggy's and Lucy sat down across of her. George took a seat next to Lucy while Lockwood sat down next to Ziggy.

"I always forget your childish love for trains," Lucy commented.

"Childish?" Ziggy scoffed, crossing her arms. "It is not childish. I just love train rides."

"Why?" George spoke up, adjusting his glasses on his face. "They're boring."

"Maybe to you," Ziggy said, turning to look out the window. "But to me, they're relaxing. You can just watch the world fade away and for a minute, you can pretend. Pretend that your life is normal, like you're not going out there every night and fighting for your life. You can pretend that you have everything you could ever want," she paused to look at him. "How could I not love them?"

"That sounds lovely," Lockwood chimed in, causing topaz eyes to meet chocolate as Ziggy grinned at him.

"Glad to see someone agree with me," she said.

George snorted. "Of course he agrees with you, why wouldn't he?"

Ziggy shot George a confused look. "What does that mean?"