𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣: 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙚

└➤the case。✑ ───┐

└➤the case。✑ ───┐

"GEORGE," ZIGGY CALLED OUT AS SHE WATCHED HIM PACE BACK IN AND FORTH IN FRONT OF HER. "George!"

The boy in question froze to look at her, raising an eyebrow, causing Ziggy to huff. "Stop pacing, you're freaking me out," she told him, turning to the teapot.

"Sorry, I'm just nervous," he said, moving to sit down at the table instead.

"Why are you nervous? We get plenty of cases," Ziggy asked, glancing at him.

"I know but I have a bad feeling," he admitted, adjusting his glasses that were slipping down his nose.

Ziggy turned around to face him, crossing her arms. "Georgie, we're gonna be fine. It's some adult who needs help with a visitor, nothing out of the ordinary. It'll be okay," she said, adding on after a moment when he didn't seem to feel any better. "If not then we'll blame Lockwood and take his round of biscuits."

George looked at her, his lips quirking up into a small smile. "It is always fun to take his round of biscuits."

Ziggy laughed. "That's the spirit," she told him, glancing at the door when she heard the doorbell. "Now, go join the others, I'll be in with the tea when it's done."

George got up, walking over to the doorway only to pause. He turned to look at Ziggy, offering her a genuine smile. "Thanks for that."

"Anytime," she said, returning the smile. "Now go."

He chuckled before stepping out of the kitchen. Ziggy sighed once he was gone, turning back to the teapot. She had waken up early, unable to sleep and found that George was also suffering from being unable to sleep.

She wasn't as close to George as she wished so the two spent the morning together, playing cards and chatting. It was nice, very relaxing in Ziggy's opinion and it gave her the chance to get to know him better.

The teapot whistled, drawing Ziggy from her thoughts and she took it off the stove; she set it on the tray that held five cups and a small plate of carefully stacked biscuits along with a small bowl of sugar cubes for the tea.

She picked the tray up, carefully making her way out of the kitchen. She could hear Lockwood's voice from the hall, a small smile growing. Of course he was the one who was talking. He always got excited for cases, more so than everyone else.

She walked down the hall to the living room where the meeting was being held, glad that they kept the door open more often than not otherwise getting inside would've been more difficult with the tray.