𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩: 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙛𝙖𝙭'𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙡

└➤ Fairfax's deal。✑ ───┐

A PLATE OF TOAST SAT DOWN IN FRONT OF HER MADE ZIGGY LOOK UP, SEEING LOCKWOOD'S HAND FALL TO HIS SIDE.

"Thanks," she smiled at him, picking up a slice to eat.

"Not a problem," Lockwood said, sitting down in the chair at the end of the table.

She paused when she tasted cinnamon, looking at him again. "You put cinnamon on my toast?" She asked.

"Yeah, I noticed that you put cinnamon on your toast," he said. "Is...it alright? Did I put too much on?"

"No, no it's perfect, actually," she said, hesitating as she looked at him. "Thanks."

He smiled at her. "It's not a problem," he said.

She returned the smile before she looked down at her plate, an unfamiliar feeling bubbling up in her stomach at his gesture. She glanced up, seeing George tinkering with something on the table; not highly unusual.

What was, was Lucy who was sitting next to him was looking at Ziggy with a pointed look.

Ziggy's eyebrows furrowed as she tried to figure out what the look was for but before she could say anything, Lucy looked away.

"So what are we looking at?" Lockwood asked, making Ziggy focus on George's item.

"Hey, is that the ring?" She asked, leaning forward to stare at the clear box. "I thought we agreed we weren't going to mess with it."

George paused to give her an unimpressed look. "I put the ring behind silver glass so we can safely examine it. Now, the intruder was after the ring. But why?"

Ziggy shrugged. "Because her murderer wanted it?" She suggested, leaning back in her chair as she ate her toast.

George sighed as he examined the ring. "Yes but why would her murderer want it?"

"Because it's evidence?" Ziggy pointed out.

He paused and gave her another unimpressed look. "Yes but the reason why I'm examining it is to figure out how it's evidence," he told her.

"Oh, well you should've just said that, Georgie. Not play 21 questions," Ziggy grinned.

George sighed before he went back to examining the ring.

"Genius," Lucy told her. "Really stating the obvious."

Ziggy grinned at her. "Yeah, gotta make sure we're all caught up to speed," she joked.