Chapter Four - The accident

Y/N's POV:
Another few hours had past - there was still no sign of the Doctor and this Jack Harkness guy. River and I had at least six more drinks since he had left us by ourselves, and we started to become just the tiniest bit drunk. Well, maybe a bit more than just a tiny bit...

We were on the dance floor at this stage, a martini in each hand as we moved to the beat of the music. We swayed in time with the rhythm and sang along when it was time for the chorus to appear again. I felt unstoppable.
I spun round and round making River laugh at my actions, I looked like a child showing off in a school disco.
We were dancing uncontrollably until I heard a small gasp coming from River. Confused, I stopped spinning and tried to focus on her. I couldn't notice anything wrong at first, until I spotted a large drink stain down the front of her dress - and two empty glasses in each of my hands.

"Shit I'm so sorry River" Immediate guilt takes over me. Of course something like this has to happen. Why can't I just spend a normal day with her without me fucking it up somehow? I run towards her trying to pat down the stain on her dress, trying to make it go away and disappear - so it never looked like it happened in the first place. I moved my hands up and down and patted her down trying to somehow drain the moisture from River's front.
I'm really close to her at this stage, I could feel her breathe on my face making the hairs on my arm prick up. She raises an eyebrow and I follow the direction of her eyes to find my hands clenching her breasts at the end of it.

I backed away slowly surprised at myself. I've done it again. What's wrong with me? I've made it even worse. "River I'm-"

But I'm broken off when I feel a pair of soft lips touch my own. She picked up my arms and wrapped them around her neck as she then placed one of her own hands on the side of my cheek. She gently pushed her body towards mine, making our hips collide and I start to smile. We're like this for a few more seconds until her hands move to my breasts. "Payback" she smirked as she winked at me.

She breaks our kiss as she grabs my hand and runs outside the party to find the TARDIS. I smile and run after her.