i.i - THE BEGINNING

—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

The beginning of the end.

It was the beginning of your freedom, but the end of the world.

The harsh reality of the situation set in quickly. The severity of your negative prospects weighed heavily on your shoulders. But you escaped. You managed to get yourself out of the evil claws of those who captured you. Freedom was in front of you, but you still cowered before it.

Running through the woods, your arms and legs and any exposed skin were scathed by the harsh surroundings. Actively bleeding cuts littered your body, and you were of course in pain. But the only thing that overpowers pain, is adrenaline. The wave of hurt you felt crashed against the walls of morphine surrounding you. But the question remained;

What drove you? What made you tick? What urged you, what willed you to keep running?

Perhaps it was the potentiality of seeing another person? Or maybe the circumstance where you could eat a decent meal? No, it was something else. The ability to feel. You'd gone numb to every feeling from being surrounded by anger and hate and pain. You wanted to feel something other than that.

Exhaustion rushed over you, you felt it most in your legs when you fell to the ground. Your limbs were on fire, lungs heaving, trying to take back the air that had been stolen. The ground was cold, and damp, muddied dirt along the path. It was all over your skin, but even then, you couldn't complain.

Even the rain that was harshly beating against your already strained body felt nice. When the world was cast in a shadow and hidden from you, nature felt beautiful and free, despite if it was against you. Everything seemed to be against you lately.

Your eyes grew heavy, your body limp. Your arms slacked. Malnourished, weak, frail. All the factors that had control over you came back against your will, against you trying to stand, trying to move. Suddenly, you felt a looming presence over you. Heavy steps trudged through the mud as they got louder, and closer. You couldn't even move your head to look. You just wanted to lay on the ground and sleep, hopefully, they would pass.

They didn't.

Kneeling to you, you saw their face. The man reached out a hand, waving it in front of your face, trying to catch your attention.

Fear overran tiredness. You were sitting up and scootering away from the man quickly, slipping in the mud. As much as you tried to get up and away, to no avail, you ran into a tree, back hitting the wooden trunk. You hissed in pain before averting your gaze to the man who had frozen in place, watching you carefully.

"Are you okay?" A blatant answer could have been provided to the stupid question, but you didn't answer. One step closer. You curled your fingers around whatever plants were embedded in the soil. Mud infested its way underneath your fingernails. "Easy, I'm not going to hurt you." He reassured, cautiously watching your body language shift.

"What's your name, miss?" He was being polite, and you could have sworn his face showed only sincerity. Your breathing seemed to calm, oxygen returning. You told him your name warily, he nodded with the ghost of a smile on his perfectly sculpted lips.

"I'm Leon Kennedy," he said, voice soft, "do you have someone you can call?" You disregarded the question and stared at the man in front of you like he was the only person you'd been in contact with your whole life. It's been far too long since you've had human interaction without cruel intent and malice behind their words.

Leon was undeniably one of the most gorgeous men you'd ever seen. Though, you supposed that's not saying much since the last three years hadn't proved to show you many new people. His dirty blonde hair stuck to his face from sweat, but it still ran delicately over his face. Icy blue eyes illuminated by the mood were positively captivating. His jaw was sharp but his features remained soft when he saw you. You couldn't make out much else, but the outline of him in the cover of the night still made you watch him in awe.

"Why are you here?" Perhaps a question that would prove to be confusing, but you felt the need to ask. What if he was working for your captors? Or their organization? No, he couldn't be, right?

"I can't exactly disclose that information," he sighed, "but I'm looking for someone. Let's leave it at that." He took another slow, light step towards you, this time you didn't try and back away, and only looked at him. He kneeled to where you were on the ground. You knew you looked like a mess. Wild hair, clotted with dirt and even blood.

"Do you have anyone you can call?" He asked again, much more serious than before. You shook your head quickly. "I can take you to the hospital. Your hurt." He didn't want to waste time on this mission, but this matter seemed to be too serious for him to disregard.

You knew you were hurt. Badly. All the minor wounds and cuts, even the healing ones, all kicked in at once. You should go to the hospital, get help, and expose your captors if you could. But you wouldn't go, no, a lingering fear of paranoia in your mind screamed at you to not trust anything you didn't know. But Leon being the first new person you've seen in a long time, you put your pride and moral rules aside.

You stood, slowly getting up from the ground, putting the pain in your body away. Your legs still shook but you managed to hold yourself up.

"They are going to come after me," you told him, "do you have somewhere I can hide?" It was an odd question. Especially if you didn't know that they would come after you. Maybe they would have just let you go, not bothered. No. They wouldn't. You could spill their secrets. Their location. They'd surely kill you if they found you, forgetting about the previous purposes they kept you for.

"Who's coming after you? What—what?" Leon felt a little fear rising in his chest. While he was glad he found you, because you were clearly mortified, he was also wary of you. Covered in dirt and blood, claiming someone was after you. Not an everyday occurrence, even for him.

"Do you have somewhere I can hide? Please." You said once again, deadly serious about this question.

"No. I don't have a permanent residence. But I can take you to a hospital—"

"No." You snapped. Why? He couldn't have known, so why did you have to have an attitude?

"I have a few medical material. Bandages, ointment, disinfectant. That's all. I can patch you up, but then you have to tell me what's going on, yeah?" He tried to reason, you stared at him for a long while.

"Ok." You agreed.

-—-—-—-—

AN: I'm so mad I lost the first draft of this chapter so I had to rewrite it. So it's shit, but trust it was so much better 😭

Anywho, first chapter is out! I actually like it a little bit and am excited to continue this story. Hope you enjoy reading it! Love you all

-K