i.vi - RACCOON CITY

—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

"That fucking asshole."

Leon felt inclined to agree with that statement. Seriously, what the fuck? Just when you'd thought you could trust someone else, or at least trust them enough that they would help, they go and fuck that up by abandoning you both. Well, Leon was throwing him around like a meat puppet, so I guess it makes only a fraction of sense.

He walked to the key on the ground and unlocked his chains first, and wasted no time before walking over to you. Your arms had gone practically numb, from being raised up for god knows how long. Leon was dangerously close to your face, fingers occasionally grazing your own while he fiddled with the lock above your head. Once the lock had fallen, you both hadn't moved. He was still so close, but your eyes met his for a split second. He swallowed back hard, and let out a shaky breath. "L—let's get going." He said quickly, turning and taking a few steps away.

You were still frozen for a moment from what just happened.

"Shit, they took my gear." He cursed, sending you a glance. You reached for the blade in your boot only to realize it was no longer there. "Bastards took my knife." You furrowed your brows, but your eyes went wide when you saw the corpse on the ground, his axe a foot or so away.

You deigned to use that instead, seeing as it may be more useful than relying on Leon to save your ass every time there is a problem.

Leon contacted the woman they call 'Roost' and explained that 'Baby Eagle', better known as Ashley, was supposedly located in the old church. Whatever she said, it led to Leon also telling her about Luis Serra, and how he found him odd. He asked for a background check on the man. While you walked through the hall, before you exited through a wooden door, he signed off.

You opened the door and held it for him, which he smiled at you for. "Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? You've helped me a lot, that's like the bare minimum for me to do." He said, a small chuckle escaping his lips. "Just have to be faster next time, I suppose." You pat him on the back before continuing ahead, holding the axe tightly.

You and Leon walked for a while, it felt far too long. You also felt as if you'd get fucking tetanus before this was all over. So many rusty nails and metal scraps.

"So," you decided to break the silence, "what did you do before...this?" You asked, referring to this god-awful mission they tasked him with. He seemed competent enough, though, so better him than some random guy, right?

"Police officer, well, a rookie one. Things obviously went south." He answered, looking at the floor.

"No way! So was I. I don't remember much from it, but I'd been on the force for almost two years before some things happened in my city. Lots and lots of evacuation. Death. Etcetera." You didn't want to spill the story of your life, but couldn't help what came out.

You remembered very little from your time on the force, but closer to the end, everything went to shit. People turned into brainless monsters, your fellow officers died in front of your eyes, it was awful. Your best friends, whom you missed dearly, didn't know where you went after you basically saved the fucking world together.

"Where was the city?" Leon had a suspicion but wanted to confirm it.

He was correct.

"Raccoon city."

Your reply gave Leon a sense of nostalgia. A negative sense. But nostalgic at that. His time in Raccoon City was awful as well, but that was a time before he had grown tired of everything. Before he couldn't be bothered to care. She couldn't have been there much before or after him, right? Did she make it out unscathed? Besides the trauma of course. Jesus, his mind was racing with the possibilities.

"Me too. When? Like do you remember what was going on? Or the date?" He clenched his jaw, eyes trained on you.

"September 28th, 1998."

That was just about twenty-four hours before Leon arrived in Raccoon City, and found Claire at the gas station...

They could have met. If only you and your friends stayed a few hours, or Leon was a few hours early, you two could have met six godamn years ago.

You remembered that date like it was yesterday. You'd met two of the best people, and helped a lot more people. It felt rewarding even to this day. Because they let some R.P.D officer tag along, you got to do more than what your job allowed. You'd cried, killed, laughed, and smiled. Everything happened that day, but all the things that didn't happen, that couldn't be done, ate at you.

Raccoon City was hell on earth. But you wouldn't have traded anything if it meant you would still meet some of your best friends, and save the people you did.

The rest of the walk was almost silent.

-—-—-—-—

AN: And the past of YN unfoldssss

I thought this would be good to write and include earlier, so it would kind of lock into place in the later chapters.

Can you guess who YN's friends were? :)

Enjoy reading!!
-K