i.xiii - CAVE

(Unedited)—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

(Unedited)
—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

After collecting rifle ammo, a hexagon piece, and the head of a statue that was leaking blood, which you thought was gross, you'd both made it into a tunnel.

A large metal door, that looked more like a gate than a door, led to a tunnel outlined in stone. Ceiling, floor, each wall, a circular tunnel that stretched on for a while. Eventually it led the pair of you into a damp and almost empty cave.

You'd followed behind Leon, and as per usual he sent you glances. But something about the way his eyes had scanned you...Usually it was one look to your face. Now, he looked at you from head to toe and turned before you could catch him. It wasn't in a perverted way, like his eyes were trained on your chest or something. He looked like he was examining more than staring, taking in every small little detail of your tattered outfit or matted hair. Sometimes you noticed that his gaze lingered on your face a lot longer than it had before.

"Great! Another puzzle." You said sarcastically, rolling your eyes before taking a few steps ahead of your partner and in front of a pedestal with many hands and small carvings on all of them.

Leon placed the statue head on the palm of the stone hand to the far right of the pedestal.

The hands turned.

"Maybe it's not a puzzle." He said, sounding like it was blatantly obvious while he stepped closer to the stone hand on the far left. He then placed another statue head.

The hands turned a final time.

You pulled out the small item with a small gem in the middle and hands scattered around it. An insignia of sorts, you figured. "Condor One to Roost, we found the key to the church." Leon spoke into the walkie that had been beeping multiple times before 'Roost' picked up.

"Copy that. Now go get baby eagle." she replied in a dismissive tone, the sound of her keyboard clicks carrying over the com.

"Right, no time to chat. We're going in. Condor one out." Leon logged off and sent you a glance.

—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

YOUR POV:

We walked to the rain, the droplets that leaked into my already ripped clothes, running down my skin in cold streaks. I wrapped my arms around my chest in any attempt to try and keep warm, feeling the breeze to add insult to injury.

Leon and I began to make our way to the church. Again.

Once he had gotten under the cover of an overhang so the rain no longer harshly pinged off of him.

Leon sneezed into the crook of his arm, shaking off from the rain, his damp hair included. He looked like a dog shaking off water and rain once it'd gone back inside. I let out a small laugh under my breath, finding it funny how such an intimidating looking man had a sneeze that was barely over the sound of a whisper.

Though the dryness was short lived when we were once again out into the droplets that still fell from the sky with no sign of ceasing.

I reached for his hand, the injured one, since the thought had popped into my mind, and looked for any signs of healing. Luckily the bleeding stopped, no longer attempting to ooze out of the bandaging.

His fingers twitched when I held his hand in my own, watching me observe the injury. It was hard to ignore his gaze. Hard to ignore the intensity of his eyes on me but I still managed to only look up at him when I was meaning to speak.

"Does it feel any better?" I cleared my throat, letting go of his hand. "Yeah," he smiled slightly, "thanks." He gave me one last look before walking ahead, making sure I was sticking close.

I imagined he felt as I did when we neared this place.

Uneasy.

LEONS POV:

I felt obligated to savor whatever shred of her touch still lingered on my hand. It was driving me mad. Considering how I felt in these circumstances, it felt like I was getting distracted.

I dragged her into all of this instead of taking her to a hospital or something despite her pleas. Now I felt I really shouldn't keep thinking about her or the tense moments that randomly occurred in the most unlikely places.

We took cautious steps past the now open wooden door, and I eyed the open place curiously. Dirt floors. Stone walls up to high to climb or jump. Both enter and exit points closed off. Fires burning in large wooden piles throughout the 'ring' type area. This place gave me an uncomfortable feeling right off the bat.

SECOND PERSON POV:

The door slammed shut into the mud, and out of instinct Leon grabbed for your hand and tugged you away from the door and closer to him. Your eyes flashed around frantically before finding his face.

"Don't go far from me unless I say so, got it?" He was serious. His tone low while his eyes showed no sense of humor. Urgency and desperation for you to listen to him. "Got it." You squeezed his hand tightly once before hearing a loud noise in the distance and reaching for the knife at your hip.

Leon tossed you one of his guns instead, and handed you ammo to keep in your pocket when you had to reload. Whatever was about to happen, you both new it wasn't good, you both knew that the end of his mission was nowhere near the end.

-—-—-—-—

AN: I wanted to try to change up the perspectives just to see how you'd like it since sometimes i really dread writing in the second person 😭

Also news on another fic, Ghost from call of duty since the mw3 leaks have been driving me crazy with anticipation lmao.

That's all, enjoy!

-K