i.xii - RECUPERATE

(Unedited)—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

(Unedited)
—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

"Explain to me again, please." Leon's back stiffened, him sitting up straight with eyes dead ahead on the water and the now almost wrecked boat.

You had both been awake for sometime now, but were sitting on the shore to recuperate. That's when you had told him about what happened before you blacked out, and explained exactly what happened mentally in vivid detail. To be fair, he did asked what went on after he passed out.

"Whatever that talk motherfucker injected us with, I think it's worse than I may have dismissed it to be." Your eyes were trained on the dirt and sand and rock mixture in front of you. You could see all of the small bugs festering, crawling around frantically, searching for something.

"What do you mean?"

"In Raccoon City," a shaking breath, "the T-virus could be admitted through syringe. If there are people still working on it, hidden somewhere, perhaps in Spain, they could have created another strain of it. Maybe it doesn't turn you all the way, only partially."

He eyes you, no emotion written on his face, absolutely nothing that you could decipher.

"Or maybe I'm wrong." I stood and threw my hands in the air, dismissing my theory completely and stretching. He shook his head and stood as well.

"I don't think you're way off," Leon replied, running a hand through his hair, "but if people were working on this and it did have something to do with the T-virus, don't you think that we would have found them. It's been six years since that incident."

"That's why I said I'm probably wrong." You shrugged, feeling stupid if he partially agreed.

The memories of almost being infected multiple times in Raccoon City still lived, and it was damn hard to forget, even in that torment was replaced by the one here in Spain. Sometimes things get blurred, and you believe you may have been infected to start with, but then realize you would have turned into the walking dead. That hasn't happened but who's to say it won't?

"You're side affects were worse than mine. From what you explained, I honestly think it could be a viral infection of some kind." Leon tried to tell you that you were into something but you were wrapped up in everything, swirling around your head in strains of thoughts that began to make no sense.

"Luis." You spoke up suddenly, eyes wide when you faced him. Leon tilted his head to the side and waited for you to explain.

"The background check you asked 'Roost' to do. Ex-umbrella, remember? He was a scientist. And we know umbrella scientists are great and making viruses that alter DNA—" you rolled your eyes, then went back to Leon.

"You think he created it?"

"Maybe."

"Don't think he had enough brains to think something like that up." Leon grumbled before starting to walk away from the shore, fingers on his injured hand twitching.

The Luis theory sounded far fetched to both of you, but the variant of T-virus could just be it.

"Are you okay? I mean after I passed out and...whatever virus kicked in." Leon asked when you started go catch up and walk in suit beside him. You nodded with a smile flashed towards him, but your eyes soon went ahead to wherever it was the pair of you was going.

But it wasn't okay. What you saw while blacked out was nightmarish. If it was part of the virus or just nightmares, you didn't know.

But despite yourself, you both continued to walk towards a small shack. Most likely a boat house. More loot, of which you'd need, and maybe some clue in finding Ashley.

The wooden steps, that was missing a few boards, creaked under your steps as you walked carefully behind Leon, scanning for anything. You realized there was no floor, but rather a look into the brownish, blueish water below. 'Roost' contacted Leon, saying he'd been radio silent for three hours. You didn't know either of you had been out for so long. While they spoke briefly, you rummaged through a barrel and found nothing, cursing under your breath.

There was another set of stairs. You guessed you didn't look at the sheer size of the boat house completely while watching around and scoping the perimeter incase of a potential threat.

You found herbs and ammo that you stored rather than giving them to Leon, mostly because he was wrapped up in searching for the key to the church more so than whatever you found along the way.

Yellow symbols were painted among the wooden boards that you tried to memorize but they soon melted together. "You remembering any of this?" Leon asked, revealing that he didn't have the slightest clue either.

"Nope." You clicked my tongue

"Great me either." He put his hands on his hips and looked at the symbols once again before giving up and walking into the next room, but slowing his pace to make sure you were close behind.

Upon further inspection, you found a puzzle.

"Well, unfortunately for us, those symbols were important." A satirical grin crept onto your face. He shook his head and muttered 'shit' beneath his breath.

"Fear not, yours truly loves puzzles." You replied, standing before it, bracing your hands on either side of the podium that the buttons lay on.

Leon was insanely close behind you, feeling his warm breath fan over the back of your neck made you shiver slightly. Hoping it would go unnoticed, you acted as if nothing happened. But, he definitely took notice at the reaction you gave him, grinning slightly, one you couldn't see while you looked at the puzzle over and over again.

He leaned over your shoulder, one hand on your waist to keep himself steady while he peeked at the puzzle.

You avoided his gaze otherwise didn't know how your body would respond.

Pressing random buttons, you soon realized that they stayed down, and it would continue like that to tell the correct order. So you kept pressing the buttons, hoping one would go down. Only a few and the metal gate-looking door opened with metallic scraping sounds ringing through your ears.

"Good girl." He said low enough for only you to hear, before backing away and walking through the door without another word but a quick smile.

You stammered to find the words even after he left and speed-walked after him, your face turning a light pink tint, heat flushing your cheeks.

"Good girl? Really?" You couldn't help but laugh at the nickname. Despite your...growing feelings...towards it, you still fingered you'd like an answer.

"Is there something wrong? You sure seem to like it." He said, the smallest laugh came out as a huff of air from his nose when he pointed to the insane blush on your cheeks.

"We should get going." You said, attempting the change the subject.

What is wrong with you?