i.iii - BINGO

—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

The fighting continued. So much blood and gore, and screams and cries. You'd drowned in the stench and sound of gunfire.

Until you heard Leon. A shrill cry of pain left him. You turned, breathing heavily, blood all over your face and clothes. It wasn't yours this time. Leon coughed up blood as well, catching his breath. You walked, well, limped over to him.

He was wounded, obviously. There was a deep gash on his face, on his cheek. Those icy blue eyes met your own, just for a moment before they went to his arm. He pulled up his sleeve, revealing a nasty cut on his forearm. His heavy breathing matched your own. Blood stained his shirt too, you could still see it through the black fabric. "Behind you." He said, holding his abdomen. You turned back and drove your knife through a person's head, through their temple. They fell.

You killed so many with ease, and soon the guilt hurt more than your wounds.

A bell chimed, and people muttered things under their breaths. Soon, the villagers that remained all looked like brainless zombies, averting their gaze to the church—which you got a bad feeling about—walking towards the loud, chiming bell.

"What the fuck?" Your uneven breathing calmed when you finally let your shoulders slack. Still, Spanish words left their mouths as they staggered to the source of the noise. Leon and you made sure to still be wary.

He watched with interest, yet fear at the same time. Looking around, at everyone, you both soon backed up and stood by one another, still in the middle of the village square.

"Where's everyone going? Bingo?" He tried to make a joke, looking around the entire village. You stifled a small laugh but winced at the pain it had caused. "Wherever they're going, it gives us time to patch up those wounds of yours." You pointed at his forearm, which was still bleeding rather profusely.

He furrowed his brows and scoffed lightly. "My wounds? I was going to fix up yours when you got here, so if anything, we need to get yours patched up." He stated like it was obvious, and you were oblivious to your own wounds. You felt the pain racked in your body but tried not to pay any mind, and instead distract yourself.

"If they're playing bingo, I might want to join." You rolled your shoulder out, changing the subject. "I don't think it's going to be a good round of bingo, princess." He mocked, a small chuckle leaving his lips. You raised an eyebrow, a small grin making its way into your face. "Princess?" You repeated, he nodded slightly before walking over to a wooden crate and taking a seat.

He loosed a breath, trying to calm his skyrocketing nerves. The blood seeped through his clothing, his forearm had gone almost numb.

You were still caught up on the nickname he gave you.

Your legs were practically burning from being on your feet so much, but you made your way over to him, sitting on a crate next to him. "Hand me bandages and disinfectant, please." You asked, eyes focused on him. He met your gaze before hesitantly handing you the items you asked for. The bandages were simple and should last a while until you had to take them off or replace them. The disinfectant would do the trick, reading the back, and ingredients, you deduced it would sting. "Alright, this won't feel nice." You warned.

Leon wanted to patch up your wounds since he hasn't known how long exactly you'd had them. How you were still standing, walking, and fighting was a miracle. But, you were going to play doctor first.

Lightly, you held his forearm in place, pulling up his sleeve to reveal that cut. It looked worse somehow, in the minutes it was under the sleeve, hidden away from your eyes.

You didn't hesitate, or brace him for the disinfectant before pouring it on the wound. It would hurt more when they know it's coming, or at least that's the case for you. He let out a low sound, one that was clearly of pain. You ran your thumb over his arm, soothingly, to try and get him to calm, his breathing to slow. You continued to let the disinfectant seep into the cut.

Instinctively, he reached for your hand, squeezing it slightly. Those icy eyes met your own for a split second, something behind them you couldn't recognize. "It's over," you sent him a reassuring smile, "but this might not feel that much better."

You unwrapped some bandages, holding his arm still and wrapping it up tightly. It would hold, not sure how long, but enough for it to scar over.

You spent only an hour or so patching each other's wounds. The smaller ones would heal on their own, such as the one on his face. The minor cuts on your arms and legs still made you sore, but not as much as the others.

For now, you'd have to deal.

Leon ensured you were fine before you both departed once more.

-—-—-—-—

AN: This is pretty short but I didn't want to start the next big event in this chapter, plus I didn't want the wound thing to drag on for so long.

Also one of my biggest pet peeves is when Leon, or just resident evil fics make them like invincible and they don't get hurt 😭 Like, he's still human, and during the game everyone makes some wrong moves that get them hurt, so I wanted it to be at least semi-realistic.

Thx for reading!

-K