i.xi - VIRUS?

(Unedited)THIS PICTURE 🧎🧎Alrighty also this chapter contains a bit of gore and nasty shit overall so TW and it's short but ya know I think it's pretty important for later—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

(Unedited)
THIS PICTURE 🧎🧎
Alrighty also this chapter contains a bit of gore and nasty shit overall so TW and it's short but ya know I think it's pretty important for later
—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-–

Before the events of your capture in Spain, you already dreaded deep waters with the fear something bigger was lurking beneath, waiting for you to let your guard down and your mind wander before taking it time destroying you.

The same thought of your blood staining the water replayed. Of the thing being drove away by frantic peers, yet your lifeless body floating, chunks out of it.

Disgusting. Utterly terrifying. Probably irrational.

But you didn't care.

Now those scenes that replayed might have become a reality. Your hands were on the gun. Shaking but on the gun nonetheless.

Again and again after every hit that Leon threw at it, it didn't go down. It was getting old and yet the tension was built, the fear being so thick it would have been cut with the blade at your hip.

The monstrous mouth of the creature neared the boat. Discolored gums and jagged teeth, pitch black save for the light from the dim sun shining through.

At the second you froze.

What would happen to you? More importantly what would happen to Leon? He had people to save and a task to complete while you didn't know what you were going to do once you got out of here.

That drive to help him was enough to take fire. One bullet right down its mouth. The thing screeched and Leon kept stabbing it in its gums and tongue. Blood leaking from his mouth.

The fight continued on for a bit.

Right when you though you were done for and Leon figured the boat would sink if it took another hit. You finally delivered the last shot on the creature before it screeched again and permanently fell under the blood stained water. Red in its wake.

Somehow still standing, you lowered the gun and flipped on the safety before dropping it and running your hands through your hair. Your chest felt like it would explode and your intestines would be strewn out for the fucking world to see while your head was pounding.

Leon had practically collapsed into the boat, leaning over the side and breathing heavily. He coughed and looked down at his hand.

There was a deep gash in the middle, ripping his fingerless gloves. Blood seeped through the dark fabric while he groaned flexing his hand, wincing at every subtle shift.

"Fuck, give it here." You said lightly to him, your voice hushed and shaking still. He went to turn and face you, his bloodied hand trembling.

You were understandably frightened, frantic, and frustrated. With now dwindling medical supplies from using them before, being stranded in the middle of a lake, and god knows what else festering beneath you, everything was becoming all to much.

Before he could get a word out, Leon fainted.

"Leon." You said firmly, hand on his shoulder in any attempt to wake him. There was no fuel in the boat. You couldn't get to shore fast enough, and even you were unsure of where exactly Leon set his sights on going.

You hoisted him up onto your lap, in a small attempt to prop him up.

Brushing small strands of hair from his face, revealing his tightly closed eyes, they finally softened slightly while his breathing mellowed once your fingers had held his face, looking for any more injuries other than his hand.

There were none.

So you grabbed his hand gently before grabbing some disinfectant spray. He flinched and his expression became pinched even while unconscious when the ointment met his open wound. Once cleaned, you wrapped bandages tightly around it before you had stopped abruptly, the pounding in your head returning.

You finished the bandages best you could without your blurry vision and trembling hands.

Looking down, the throbbing pain seemed to worsen. But your veins had turned from a faint blue to a deep grey and black, coursing up your arm. You felt physically and mentally sick to your stomach while you felt a virus or something was making its way through your body.

You had thrown up over the side of the boat. But you hadn't eaten so there was nothing there but black sludge mixed with the crimson color of your blood.

Tears had prickled at your eyes from the pain before it all suddenly stopped. It was relief. Washing over you a waves, it was a mix of fear and discomfort.

Until everything had gone numb and black.

The world had faded slowly.

You felt like you were dying.