Chapter 1

(Now back to the story!)

Characters

The female squad and her family:-

Khushi Kumari Gupta-26-year-old IT professional; Over-pampered and overprotected since she is the only child in the family

Khushi's dad-Engineer by profession; Working in Mumbai; Slightly strict father and very protective of Khushi

Khushi's mom- Government employee; Peacemaker between Khushi and her dad, in times of their disagreements or stupid fights

Khushi's grandmother- Passed away from breast cancer when Khushi was three years old

Khushi's grandfather- Died last year, due to Covid

Nk -Khushi's best friend since her second year of engineering college and her trusted right-hand man; Lets Khushi rant, whine and chew his ears (and also does the same);Protective of her like her elder brother

The male gang and his family

Arnav Singh Raziada - 29-year-old doctor; Eldest in his family

Akash Singh Raizada  - 26-year-old professor ; Arnav's younger brother

Arnav's dad - Accountant by profession

Arnav's mother - Homemaker

Arnav's grandfather - retired army man

Shyam -Arnav's friend since third grade; Has been with him through good and bad times; Works as Chef at one of the reputed hotels;  Deeply cares for his friend; Married to Anjali

Khushi's POV

My best friend, Nk, has just come off back from a breakup with his college girlfriend of five years, who also happens to be our mutual friend, making things a little awkward. But, everyone knows my alliance lies with Nk. Yep, I am choosing my best friend over his girlfriend.

Some of his school friends (with whom I have a great ramp), Nk, and I were in the cinema theatre waiting for the latest superhero movie to start, munching on some great overpriced popcorn. Did I mention how much I love this superhero? He's my all-time favorite. I would have definitely married the man, had he not been fictional.

Nk really needed a day out with his boys and me, after his breakup. And I am basically one of the boys. I am not just their friend, who just happens to be a girl. Nope. I am their bro. That's a whole new level of friendship and privilege.

And yes, I am the only girl in this squad. And yes, I am super single. Never had and have a boyfriend. I never tried and neither did anyone ask me. Never in my 25 years.

Do I wish that I have a boyfriend? Sometimes.

Am I happy that I am single? Yes. 100% Yes. Being in a relationship sucks. Exhibit A to prove my point - just look at Nk's relationship.

Everyone at my college assumed that me and Nk were dating, which was stupid. He's my best friend and has a girlfriend. Correction- Had a girlfriend. What is wrong with my friend honestly? Nk, at least in my eyes, is in the golden standard of men. I mean, I would date him, if only he was not my best friend.

Finally, today was the day we all met for a movie. With everyone busy with their jobs and masters, it was quite difficult to plan something for the crowd that we are. But, we managed anyways. After a countless number of failed plans.

Arnav's POV

As if pulling my 13-shift at the hospital was not tiring enough, my wonderful pain-in-the-ass little brother, Akash just had to drag me to one of those lame superhero movies. Why are superhero movies so lame and predictable? Of course, the hero is going to scope in and save the day. And of course, his girlfriend/partner is going to die. Classic and time-tested formulae. Honestly, what's new in that?