Chapter 10

A/N
Thanks to everyone for reading and voting.
Special mention to below readers for voting. Sorry if I missed your names.
EkaV01
SaicharanPriya
ArathiTs
Kamaliasm
Shasseim
Darling21894
SiriChannagiri
Arshi1976
User44828241
Karthikareads
UrmilaGurung4
AartiNaidu
Vaanikash
AnanyaSharrin
_________________
Back to the story
Arnav's POV
Akash and I searched our entire street for Scooby, asking every bystander if they had seen a puppy. Much to our luck, no one had seen him. Just when we were about to call off our search and file a complaint, we heard several dogs barking, and Akash and I ran in the direction of their barks. And found Scooby surrounded by clusters of dogs.

Apparently, one kid had driven a cycle over his right leg and he had been screaming for help. But given that he's a puppy, not many heard him until the street dogs rushed to his aid.

I quickly took in his arms and he licked my face in joy for seeing me.
You little shit. You gave me quite a scare.

We took him to a nearby vet and turns out that he had fractured his leg. And got himself the cutest grey bandage for the same.

Back home, I settled Scooby in his playpen and gave him his medicines

Back home, I settled Scooby in his playpen and gave him his medicines. Both of us lay on the floor, tired and exhausted from today's events. Now, how do we break the news to your mother ??

(Later that night)
Still Arnav's POV
"SCOOBERT GUPTA! What did I tell you about running away?" - Khushi yelled at Scooby on a video call. You know you're in trouble when your mom uses your full name.
Scooby looked at him as though he was saying "Thanks Dad, for getting me in trouble with Mom".

At least she didn't yell at me.

After a good minute or two of Khushi talking with Scooby, Scooby looked at me telling me to count my days. I realize that the chances of getting killed by a Golden Retriever are very less but never zero.

(Next day)
I come home from a very tired day of work to the strong smell of dog pee. Urgh my little shit.

Even my junior doctor asked me why was rushing home today. For this wagging little shit.

Khushi's POV
My friend just called me to give me the news that she's pregnant. Whilst I screamed out of joy and happiness, I couldn't help but think about myself.
Why is no one talking about how awkward and uncomfortable it is to be in your mid-20s and not be in a serious relationship and see everyone around you get married and start families? And I don't even know how to date.

Arnav's mother's POV
We are at the store shopping for a saree for both of my daughter in laws, which we are supposed to give them once they get married in.
The men in my family left it up to me to decide. My husband was busy on his phone. My father-in-law (Arnav's grandfather) didn't even want to tag along. My eldest (Arnav) declined since he had to work at the hospital. My youngest (Akash) was busy marking his student's examination papers. This left me in charge of selecting and buying the saree.

For Payal (Akash's fiancee), it was slightly easier having known her since her diaper days. She has been in our family for as long as I can remember. She's a very quiet and silent pillar of our family.. and so, I can predict what kind of husband my Akash would be. Akash is the definition of "I worship the ground you walk on."

However, in the case of Arnav and Khushi, everything is left open to the air.. I have never seen Arnav to be in a serious relationship so have no clue about what kind of husband Arnav is going to be. All I know is that he is going to a great one..just hope that I've raised him well. And his bride, Khushi was a whole story.

She's an independent and sassy one.. perfect for Arnav hopefully. And her style seems to prefer comfort over style, unlike Payal.

Let's just hope that I manage to find a saree that my daughters (in law) would like. Fingers crossed.

Akash just sent me a video of Arnav playing with Scooby. So adorable. Maybe I am overthinking about Arnav and Khushi.

(One week later)
Arnav's POV
Khushi reached two days ago and had collected Scooby from home. I miss the little shit already.
And today's my birthday. While the morning time was devoted to spending time to my family and going to the temple with my parents and granddad. The evening was a party organized by none other than my best friend, Shyam.

Since yesterday, I am thinking about myself. I will be turning 30 tomorrow. Five years ago, I thought I would have my life figured out by 30. A great job. Happily married to a doctor or in love. Maybe a kid. And here I am, fresh from my breakup. Getting married to an IT person in 5 months. No love whatsoever.

And kids? Don't even get me started.
Can doctors have kids? Most of my senior colleagues are either divorced or single. Very few are married and with kids, whose spouse often complain that they spend very little time home.
Will I come under the few categories?

Shyam managed the birthday party at my house. Most of my friends and college mates along with Akash and Payal were in attendance. And so was Khushi and Nk.

Most of my friends had met Khushi at our engagement and so she soon become their bro. Jelled with them extremely well. Joined them in pulling my leg. I finally understood what Nk meant about Khushi being a bro.

Khushi's POV
The party went well. 90% of his cake was on his face. And his friends showed me a lot of Arnav's photos from school and college. Embarrassing ones..!!

We wrapped up the party and almost everyone left leaving behind Arnav and me. Nk offered to drop me home but Arnav volunteered for it.

"Am I not getting any gift from you? I mean it's okay if there isn't one-" He said and I widened my eyes. Did I really forget to give him his birthday present? Especially when I had to drag Nk out with him to find him a gift and that moron was useless.
How could I be so stupid?
Digging through my bag, I hand him over the package.
He opened it without waiting for a second. As the shine of glass struck his eyes, his lips twitched up in a smile.
"How do you know I wanted this?"
"I just know" - I caught staring at me when we had gone to Hyderabad.
"I saw you staring at it at the store so I thought this would be the right moment to get it for you."

Arnav's POV
It was everything I expected and more. It was a kurta that I had been eying on our Hyderabad trip but didn't buy since I thought I wouldn't be able to pull it off. And they didn't have it in any other color except white. And I don't have many white clothes since it's hard to maintain.

Khushi must have bought it for me when I was busy choosing earrings for her and was away since she was on a call with her dad

Khushi must have bought it for me when I was busy choosing earrings for her and was away since she was on a call with her dad. Talk about timing!!
Literally and Figuratively.

********
Date uploaded - 18 June 2023