Chapter 16

A/N
Managed to do some writing while travelling. Also, who else prefers train journey over bus?
Is it just me?

Anyways, I felt that this is not my best chapter. Please do let me know your thoughts. Hoping you catch you in the comments.
Also, please ignore all typos.
If possible, leave a comment against typos, please.

Date published - 25 June 2023
4010 words

Since there are multiple couples in this story, here's a memory refresher.
Lead couple -> Khushi & her fiancee, Arnav
Arnav's ex-girlfriend - Mythili
Nk's ex-girlfriend - Jhanvi (dated through college and broke up a year ago)
Nk & his office crush, Lavanya
Akash & his fiancee, Payal
Shyam & his wife, Anjali
Mathew & his live-in girlfriend, Kiara

Please note the following words that will be used from here, onwards
Appa = Father
Amma = Mother
Anna = Elder brother
Anni = Sister-in-law
Thambi = Younger brother
Akka = Elder sister
Thaatha = Grandfather

Paati = Grandmother

(Back to the story!!)

(Back in my parent's house)

Arnav's POV

After the usual pleasantries, thaatha suggested that I take Khushi and Shyam to my room here since Akash and Payal were returning late from the movie. To be honest, it's a mess compared to Khushi's organized room. And I really didn't want Khushi to see it all since it was embarrassing. But, hey she's going to get married to me so she needs to see all of me, including the messy parts. Hehe.
I watched her scan through the room.

And Shyam left no stones unturned to tease us

And Shyam left no stones unturned to tease us. Not that I didn't mind.

Shyam - "Shall I leave the room and give this young couple some privacy? I don't want to intrude." As if he didn't intrude enough already with his phone call this afternoon.

Shyam - "Khushi and Arnav sitting on tree. K I S S I N G."

Arnav - "Can you please shut up already? You are making her nervous."

Khushi just refused to meet me in the eye, ever since we got home. I don't understand why she is so nervous.

Putting his left arm around me and his right arm around Khushi, he stated - "Aww, look at the husband caring for his wife." which made me roll my eye.

Khushi was a whole bunch of nervousness during dinner. I watched my crazy sassy fiancee turn into a meek nervous mouse, in the presence of my parents and grandpa. Her legs were constantly tapping the floor. I placed my hand over her leg, under the table, trying to keep her calm.

Her tapping seem to have calmed down in the process, instead, she kept fumbling with her nails as my parents chatted with her. Thankfully, her chicken didn't need to be cut up, so that slightly helped her to calm down. But, I could tell that she was slightly nervous, for reasons I simply couldn't fathom.