Chapter 18

Since there are multiple couples in this story, here's a memory refresher.

Lead couple -> Khushi & her husband, Arnav

Arnav's ex-girlfriend - Mythili
Nk's ex-girlfriend - Jhanvi (dated through college and broke up almost two years ago now)

Nk & his office crush, Lavanya
Akash & his wife, Payal
Shyam & his wife, Anjali
Mathew & his live-in girlfriend, Kiara

Please note the following words that will be used from here, onwards

Appa = Father

Amma = Mother

Anna = Elder brother

Anni = Sister-in-law

Thambi = Younger brother

Akka = Elder sister

Thaatha = Grandfather

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A few days later)

I tossed around on the bed and my palm went towards my stomach which was paining like hell. The date of my period and I could only wait for it.

Dear red Akashil, can you please delay your visit by just one day? I have an important presentation tomorrow.
"Why are you moving so much?"-I heard Arnav's sleepy voice with a hint of irritation. I guess I woke him up with all my tossing.

"Nothing" - I quietly got up and went to the living room. My sleep is already ruined.
Why should I ruin his sleep as well?

Arnav's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night and looked over at the other side only to find Khushi missing from bed. Guess I snored too loud and she must have gone to the guest bedroom. I went back to sleep again, rather comfortably since now the bed is all mine.

I woke up feeling patched and there was no water in the bottle next to the bedside. Sighing I got up from bed to fetch water from the kitchen and I found her in the living room, watching a movie on the television.

"Can't sleep." - I asked her
"Can't you see?" - she replied rather annoyed. Did I disturb her sleep?
"Is your eyesight also in decline or diminishing, just like your brain?" - she fumed. Wow, rude much . But, this is not something that I am not used to it. Little did I know that it was just the beginning.
"You are supposed to be sleeping." - I tried to calm my angry little peaches.
"So are you." - she quickly retorted. I could sense irritation in her voice.
"Why are you awake at this ungodly hour?" - I asked, after gulping down a glass of water.
"Why are you awake?" - She bounced back my question.
"Wanted chilled water." - I answered quickly, slightly about to lose my patience with her.
"Well, it's my period's first day. And can't sleep." - she admitted, wincing slightly as she adjusted herself on the sofa.

OH, that explains her sour mood. Whatever anger I was about to exhibit on her quietly took a back seat.

"Why don't you just lay down and close your eyes?" - I honestly didn't know what to tell her. The ladies in my family considered periods to be a bit of taboo and didn't talk much. Especially with Akash and I. Weird, right? Whatever I know was through my college mates and my nurses who would often complain about it.

"That's a piece of great advice. Maybe write a paper on it and maybe you will get a Nobel prize."- my sassy peach replied. As if it is that easy to win a Novel prize?

Giving up on her, I walked up to the fridge and found an entire row just filled with chocolate. Just when I was about to grab one from there, Khushi screamed -
"NOPE! JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!" making me drop the chocolate on the floor. How did she do that? The fridge is not even in her vision of sight. It's as though she had a third invisible eye that was hovering over the fridge, watching over her previous chocolate babies.