Chapter 15

Thanks everyone for reading and voting.

NOW BACK TO OUR STORY

Khushi's POV

"Can I pick up Khushi?" - he repeated unsure of what his mom has said. I look at him curiously as to why his mother wanted him to pick me up for dinner at their place.

Seeing my curious expression which Arnav got a hint of, he mouthed - "Auto strike" to which I nodded understandingly. Oh right, I totally forgot that there was an auto and cab strike going on today for the better payment for their services.

"Sure, Amma. I will pick her up." - he replied to the call.

"I can manage on my own." - I whispered to him and he quickly kept his finger on my lips to shush me.

"Shh" - He purred and I bit his fingers annoyed at this closeness. First of all, this guy kissed me without my permission and now he's commanding me. I'm not some puppy dog who is going to wag my tail around him.

He hissed at the pain and whispered back. This time with pain in his voice - "What are you? a dog?"

I did the smallest puppy noise which made his eyes gleam with mischief.

"Yes, mom. I am still there." - The voice of his mother brought us back to reality.

"Shyam?" - he asked his mom with a question in his voice.

"Your heart is beating really fast, I can hear it" - he noted and whispered to me. Ofcourse, it's racing like a wild horse due to the forced close proximity. Fool!!

"Oh, he's busy tonight. He won't be able to come home." - He lied again, making me question his lying skills. Rather convincing lie.

"Okay, amma. See you at home." - He said, ending the call and putting his mobile in his pant pocket.

Arnav breathed against me - "Should we like. talk about it"

Does he want to talk about the kiss now? It's super embarrassing. I have never been in a relationship and naturally haven't been kissed on the lips. And this was pretty much the first time I have been kissed. And it was awkward and super embarrassing for me. Or the fact that I bite his finger when he tried to silence me in my own house. Ass! Or the fact that I did the tiny puppy bark or that he insinuated that I'm a dog. So many things to talk about here. None of which I really want to talk about.

"aboutwhatnothingweirdhashappened" - I replied back nervously as I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear.

"Oh really? let me see if I can jog your memory" - and he leaned in closer as though he was about to kiss me. Again.

Thankfully, I dodged this one. Phew, that was a close one.

"Those things you said yesterday... Did you mean them?" - He asked me, still caging me between his arms on either side and I sense the seriousness in his voice, a stark contrast from the playfulness in his voice.

"I don't know" - I said, refusing to meet his eyes since everything around us and our marriage was confusing me. Am I really ready for this marriage? Sure, I am 26 years old but I feel like I am still a kid and not mature enough for marriage.

"Even I'm scared of getting married. But all I know is that whatever you think you are going through for this marriage.. trust me, you are not alone. It's a big change for me as well. You are not going to do everything alone. I will be with you. And I promise to try." - He promised and I watched the corners of his mouth turn up, into a tiny reassuring smile.

"I have never dated nor been in a relationship. I don't even know what to expect here. I don't know the R in romance."

Arnav's POV