Chapter 4

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

💚💚

𝕺𝖐𝖆𝖞, 𝖘𝖔 𝕴 could've waited for today.

It started out horribly right away. I got up and dressed quickly, packing my bag with my Herbology and History of magic textbooks. With my dragon ring yawning on my finger, I headed out of the dorm, and made my way down to the great hall.

It took my a while to realize that people were pointing and whispering until I overheard a boy whisper, ". . .Potter's sister. . ."

That was when I looked around and saw people whip their heads away from me. Oh bloody hell, I had forgotten all about this. I had thought that maybe the flying car story would have pushed the story of Harry's sister from their minds. I suppose seeing me brought the article back to their minds.

I slumped into my seat the table and pulled bacon towards me, suddenly not feeling very hungry.

Hannah and Susan both sat down in front of me. "Where were you last night? We were so worried!" Hannah asked earnestly, tossing her blond hair over her shoulder to get it out of her face. The Hufflepuffs were the only ones who wouldn't care about gossip.

"Long story." I sighed, prodding my bacon with my fork. "But long story short, I couldn't get through the barrier at Kings Crossing."

"Did you fly in the car with Harry and Ron Weasley?" Hannah gasped.

I shook my head. "No, I was going through with them and it sealed up as I was passing through. My hand was stuck in the brick wall for nine hours until Professors Dumbledore, Snape, and Sprout came to set me free."

Hannah and Susan's mouths dropped. "Wow, that's crazy." Susan said.

"Now Elizabeth," Hannah asked carefully as she grabbed a bowl of porridge, "That newspaper article over the summer, was that really true?"

I shook my head. "I don't even know where Lockhart got such a crazy idea. Harry and I don't even look anything alike!"

Susan nodded solemnly. "The Daily Prophet is always reporting strange nonsense like that."

Hannah sighed, looking up at the table with a dreamy expression on her face, "Professor Lockhart is quite handsome, isn't he?"

I caught Susan's eye and we both turned away, giggling.

A loud explosion made me jump, and I was glad for the distraction so I didn't have to give my very negative opinion of Lockhart.

"-STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE-"

I swallowed hard, pushing the untouched bacon away for good. I had been part of it of course, no matter how much I liked to think that they'd would've taken it anyways. Poor Mrs. Weasley, I was never going to be invited over there again. I blushed, but luckily, no one was staring at me. I glanced up at the teacher's table. Professor Snape looked highly amused. I felt annoyance pierce the guilt and I rolled my eyes.

"-LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME-" I flinched again, the guilt back. Poor Mr. Weasley. Did Dumbledore send Dad a letter? I hoped not. "WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED. I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED. YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT. IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! Oh, and Ginny dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud!"