Chapter 5

PLEASE VOTE!

💚💚

𝕺𝖓 𝖂𝖊𝖉𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖉𝖆𝖞, 𝕴 headed down into the dungeons for my first private lesson with Snape. I knew it would be freezing so I wore a long sleeved shirt and long slacks under my Hufflepuff decorated robes. I had pulled my hair up into a neat bun so it wouldn't get in the way. I knocked softly on door and I heard someone stop talking on the other side of the door. "Enter." I heard Professor Snape say.

I entered the room and saw that Snape had been talking to Malfoy. Malfoy glared at me with his grey blue eyes, "What do you want."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Now, Malfoy." Snape said in a warning voice. "I need to talk to Miss Kane alone. You can come back tomorrow."

"Fine." Draco said. He stomped past me and I stepped aside so he didn't hit me with his shoulder as he walked past. I realized what he might've been talking to Professor Snape about and I felt heat go into my cheeks.

"Sit." Professor Snape said coldly.

I walked forward and sat in front of the desk he had laid different ingredients on. I didn't look him in the eye. Oh why had I said those horrible things to Draco?

"Mr. Malfoy had a very interesting story to tell me." Snape continued, his eyes boring into my forehead since I wouldn't look at him.

"Yes, I said what I said." I said, sucking in my right cheek. "And I already know I shouldn't have said it. I regretted saying it the moment I said it, and I am sorry."

He said nothing, just standing there for a moment but I didn't dare look up.

There was an awkward moment and then Snape turned away and said, "Let's start the lesson."

Shocked by the lack of punishment, I just nodded and listened, taking some notes as Snape introduced the new ingredients that he had on the table, their properties of the different parts of the ingredients.

By the time the lesson was over, the beginning of the lesson was ancient history. I put my notebook in my bag as Professor Snape carefully stored each ingredient in a differently labelled glass jar.

"Come back again next Wednesday." he said in his usual, bored voice.

"Er, Sir?" I asked.

Snape snapped his head up to look at me, swallowed, and said with a bit of difficulty, "Yes?"

"Can you tutor me in the Dark Arts too?" I asked and then blushed, "I meant Defense Against the Dark Arts, obviously."

"Why not ask Lockhart for that task?" Professor Snape asked.

"Because he's an idiot." I said before I could stop myself. I continued anyways, "How am I supposed to pass my O.W.L.s if I'm not learning anything? But you're brilliant, I know you love the subject. So if you were willing to teach me Defense Against the Dark arts alongside Potions-"

"Do you plan on eating and sleeping this year Elizabeth?" Professor Snape asked, sounding almost amused.

"Er-" I said, confused, and then realized he'd made a joke and smiled a little before saying, "Oh. Look, I can learn whatever you teach me, I really can. I don't mind putting in the hours."

"There is no doubt about your intelligence Elizabeth, but you're still young and being overwhelmed with to much-"

"But it won't." I said, feeling desperate now.

Professor Snape was standing in front of me now and he reached out, touching my temple lightly with two fingers. "How about I sleep on it?"

I sighed in disappointment, "Alright. I suppose if you must."