Chapter 10

PLEASE VOTE! IT'S FREE :)

💚💚

𝕴 𝖜𝖔𝖐𝖊 𝖚𝖕 when the other Hufflepuffs started rummaging around in their dressers. I sat up quickly, giving myself a head rush, and rolled over out of bed. Then, throwing my bed together rather sloppily, I raced down to the Great Hall where Harry was sitting with the rest of the Gryffindor team. None of them were eating and they all looked rather sick.

I sat between Harry and Fred. "Eat something." I advised them. "you're going to do fine and you guys are going to win."

"Easy for you to say." Harry muttered.

I rolled my eyes, pulling over the plate of toast, eggs, and bacon. "Eat Harry."

Harry helped himself to some food with some coaxing and the rest of the team gradually started eating.

"Why are you guys up so early anyways?" I yawned, stretching. I shouldn't have gone out last night. "The game isn't until eleven."

"Wood will probably give us a three hour lecture." Fred said loudly, making sure Wood heard him.

The entire team laughed, even Wood, though Wood also looked rather sick. Slowly, the rest of the school filed into the Great Hall, while the Gryffindor team rose, getting ready to go out to their locker room.

"Good luck Harry, you're going to do wonderfully." I said, pulling him into a tight hug. I loved being able to hug him, even as a friend. "You too Fred." I said kissing him on the cheek. Fred grinned like an idiot, and I dashed off to find Ginny so that we could sit together during the match.

Ginny and I found our seats somewhere near Hermione and Ron, though not directly with them. We talked about all sorts of things while we waited for the match to start. She mostly wanted to know if Harry really was a good seeker. I happily complied with all her questions, knowing that she had a crush on him. Then she returned the favor by answering questions about Fred.

Was it that obvious I liked him?

Then the Gryffindor team walked out onto the pitch. The Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, and Ravenclaws all cheered as loudly as possible. The Slytherins hissed and booed, then cheered as their own team walked out onto the pitch.

I heard the whistle blow, and the teams rose up into the air, level with our sight. I had brought my own pair of binoculars this time, and Ginny and I took turns looking at Harry. (I also looked at Fred and Oliver because they were really good players).

Malfoy yelled something at Harry, but Harry ignored him, dodging a bludger that very nearly took his head off. Both Ginny and I gasped and we grabbed each others arms.

George whacked the bludger towards one of the Slytherins, but the bludger swerved away from the Slytherin chaser and quickly shot back towards Harry. I watched, in shock. Okay, so I'd seen him break his arm, but this?

Quickly, I closed my eyes. Surely I would foresee where this was coming from? I searched my mind and tried to find the source. I frantically searched, but I kept finding unrelated things. What I'd seen in the Mirror of Erised, Mrs. Norris, Lockhart screwing up Harry's arm. . . there! In the hospital after the match! The house elf with large green eyes! It was his bludger!

I jumped up as Fred knocked the bludger as hard as possible away from Harry. The bludger swung back towards Harry who took off across the field. I heard Lee Jordan announce the dreadful score of "Slytherin lead, sixty points to zero-"

Fred and George were flying so close to Harry that they looked like a sort of lopsided sandwich. Harry was never going to be able to find the snitch that way. I saw George trying to make a time out signal to wood, while also trying to stop the bludger from knocking Harry out.