Chapter 14

NOT EDITED WELL

"I want you to open your mouth sweetheart." The doctor  instructed to Avery. She slowly opened her mouth and the doctor inserted a cotton swab and took a swab of her saliva.

She placed it in a small zip lock bag and snapped her gloves off.

"Well there it is. We'll have it ready within the hour. I hope you don't mind the wait." The doctor said. I shook my head.

"No not at all." I assured her.  "Take your time." She smiled and walked out.

"It's 10:20. Do you want to get something to eat before we get the results?" Roman asked.

I nodded and stood up. I took Avery off of my lap and let her walk on the floor.

I rolled up the sleves of my hoodie as Roman picked Avery back up.

"Let her walk Joesph, I don't want her to get used to being picked up all the time." I informed him. He shook his head.

"Nah, she likes me. She deserves to be picked up all the time." Roman said.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we left the room.

Before Roman could respond, I saw Summer and Chris sitting in the waiting room. She smirked a me. I didnt pay her any attention and just continued walking until we were out of the hospital.

"IHOP."

The sun was scortching hot.  We were in San Diego California for smackdown taping today. I made mental note to go and see Mrs. Robinson, I just hope the tight schedule allowed it.

We started to walk towards Roman's rental car when I just suggested we walk to a local convienience store about two or three blocks down.

"Thanks for being here." I said slowly. Roman smiled.

"Anytime, even though we both know the test is going to come back positive." Roman assured me. I nodded.

"For Chris to be here today and on her side just proves how much he doesnt care for Avery. He threw about 7 years together down the drain." I sighed. Roman slung his arm around my shoulder.

"Aye, you're better off without him. You now got a perfect job, great friends, a sexy man like me." He said making me laugh.

"You're so cocky." I said shaking me head. Roman placed Avery on the back of his neck as she squealed and held onto his head for dear life.

We continued walking until we got to the convenience store.

I walked down the to the fridge and grabbed two turkey sandwiches and a bottle of fruit punch.

From the aisle over I could here Roman telling Avery to pick anything she wants. I smiled. He's just so great with her.

I finished off and went to the cashier where they were. I set my things down as Roman pulled out his wallet.

The cashier bagged our items. "Such a beautiful family. Beautiful mommy, handsome Daddy, gorgeous daughter." She smiled.

"Thank you." Roman replied. I rocked on my heels silently as she gave Roman back his change.

I held the bag as he held Avery as we walked back down to the hospital.

"Notice how she put the big emphasis on the 'D' in daddy? She's definitely wanting something." Roman said. I laughed and shook my head.

"You're so disgusting Anoa'I."

"So let me get this straight, you invited us out to get something to eat, but didn't get yourself anything?" I asked. Roman shook his head.