Chapter 16

Flashback:
September 10, 2012
Los Angeles California

"Babe, th-"

"Yeah I got it." Chris called out from the living room. I finished washing the last of the dishes and wiped down the counters.

I heard the door open and yelling from the living room.

"Aye, what up fam?" I heard Chris say. They greeted him back. "Are you going to let us in or make us stay out here all night." I heard a female voice. Summer.

I cringed and shook my head. Why did she come?

"Well no one invited you, but you're here." Chris said. I washed my hands and dried them on a paper towel. I threw it in the trash and turned off all the kitchen lights, making my way into the living room.

"What up Uce?" I asked referring to Jon, Josh, and Joe.

"Nothing much, Congrats grad. I heard you were a viladicorian." Josh said giving me a high five. I laughed and slapped his hand.

"It's valedictorian dumb ass." Joe said pushing him slightly. He turned to me and smiled.

"Congratulations though."

"Thanks Anoa'I."

"What degree did you get again?" Josh asked.

"Associate's degree. She just needs another two years to get her bachelors." Chris chimed in for me. I smiled as he sat on the couch and pulled me on his lap.

"Are we going to start the movie or what?" Summer asked. "Relax Summer, we just got here." Joe said. She rolled her eyes and got comfortable.

Josh slapped her leg and shrugged. "Aye, no pouty faces. We're here to congratulate Ciara. Pizza will be here in fifteen minutes, Joe brought beer, Ci are you allowed to drink?"

"Of course, Im 22. I just don't prefer to drink." I responded.

"Then so be it. Summer quit whining." Josh finished. We all agreed.

"Whatever." She replied.

"Hey, if you don't want to be here, go to a club or something, meet some guys, I mean, you are 28 and single, ready to mingle." I said. Summer sat up straight, ready to curse me out when Joe stood up.

"Summer get you ass outside now." He sighed.

"Who the hell are you talking to?"

"Your the one who responded right?" He said back. Chris snickered. I slapped his arm making him be quiet. I didn't mean to cause any trouble though. She always takes what I say offensively

Soon Joe and Summer took their conversation outside.

"Well, so much for a party starter." Jon commented.

Flashback Over

Ciara POV

I knocked on the door to room 205 for the last time. The door opened and Roman stood infront of me. A worried look was plastered on his face. I furrowed my eyebrows as he stepped to the side to let me in.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked. He closed the door behind him and turned to face me.

"Where's Avery?"

"She's with Dean." I replied. Roman looked a horrible mess. His beautiful black hair was out and about, all messy. He was shirt less, only in basketball shorts and socks. He looked sad, and angry all in one as he paced around and mumbled to himself.

"Are you okay?" I asked again. He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "No. Im not. I don't even-, I cant even-"

"Calm down, your freaking me out." I said, taking a seat on the couch. Roman walked over and crouched down in front of me. He put his forarms on my thighs and looked me in the eyes.