Chapter 23

Not edited well

Ciara POV

I picked Avery off of the bathroom and put planted her feet on the ground. She giggled and ran out towards the living room. I smiled and walked out behind her.

Nikki hasn't talked to me since yesterday. I just want to give her some space and let her calm down about the whole thing. I walked towards the kitchen in search of something to eat.

It's about 1:50 in the afternoon, and we just woke up 10 minutes ago. It was pretty late in the afternoon, but last night, we had to travel to the next city, being New York and the flight took forever. Being back in my hometown brings back so many memories.

"Alright little mama, what would you like this morning?"

A knock on the door interrupted Avery from responding.

"Daddy?" Avery said looking up at me. I kissed her head and smile. "Hope so baby girl."

I walked over and opened the door. My smile disappeared within a couple of seconds and disappointment took over.

"Happy Birthday Ciara." Chris said handing me a Victoria's Secret shopping bag. I twisted my lips to the side and looked at him.

"Thanks but, uh.. you didn't have to." I said. Chris chuckled a little and stepped inside. I don't think I remember inviting him in.

"Da-" Avery began yelling but stopped when she noticed that it wasn't Roman. Chris looked around the hotel suite and smiled.

"Are you planning anything fun today?" Chris asked turning to me. I set the bag on the coffee table and rolled my eyes.

"I mean considering that it's your birthday." Chris finished. I rocked back on my feet and raised an eyebrow.

"You remembered."

"How could I forget my Ex's birthday?" Chris asked smiling. I looked at him with displeasure and shook my head. I hated the thought of me even having anything to do with him.

"You know I don't like celebrating my birthday."

"I know, but today should be different. How about you and Avery get ready and I take you both out." Chris said stuffing his hands into his pockets.

I shook my head and crossed my arms. What the hell does he want?

"No, Joe's taking me out I guess." I replied. Avery climbed into the couch and began playing with my phone.

Chris sat down next to her and grinned.

"So what are you guys now, boyfriend and girlfriend? Or just playing house?" Chris asked. I rolled my eyes again and scoffed.

"That's none of your business. You can take your stupid gift and leave." I hissed throwing the bag in his lap. He laughed and put his hands up in surrender.

"Aye, there's nothing I said that you should be getting hostile about. Just let me say something," Chris started.

"If Roman really was drunk the night you two, ya know, conceived Avery and Chris Junior, the next morning he would have woken up with a hangover, probably up on the bed wonder where his clothes are and look around. He would have seen you on the bed and known that you guys did something."

"What are you talking about?"

"Wow, for a girl who tutored me in high school, you sure aren't smart."

Without thinking, I brought my hand back and slapped him, making him stumble back.

"If you don't get out in the next three seconds, I will stab you." I threatened.
He looked at me and chuckled. His cheek was red from my slap but I could care less.