Naruto's stages of grief (just depression)

Previously ~

In a room shrouded in darkness lay a figure tormented by nightmares. The feelings of fear, pain and failure suffocating him as he relived moment in his mind that never happened.

Now~

3rd person's POV

Temari hadn't been having a good week. She found out she was going to be an aunt which was good but also found out that that wasn't going to happen anymore thanks to that f*cking village which was bad, she was assigned by her brother to take care of his lover while he sorted out the whole mess. If you asked her she would say that has just busying himself in order to stop himself from grieving.

If she was honest with herself she would have done the exact same thing. She could not even imagine the pain of losing a child especially one you didn't get the chance of meeting.
Based on how Naruto has been behaving it must be an unbearable feeling.

Speaking of, Naruto hadn't left the room let alone the house since he arrived from the hospital. He usually just eats ( rarely) and sleeps and even those are restless and plagued with negative thoughts. After finally being free of that wretched village he still suffers because of them.

He doesn't blame Neji for anything because he wasn't the one who threw the kunai nor does he blame Tsunade for sending them to bring him back, she was just worried about him. He feels like it was his fault for being weak, for not being fast enough, for making others worry about him, for disappointing his alpha, for everything.

So he just stays in his room laying in bed and just thinks. As he sat there he didn't hear Temari knock and enter the room nor did he hear her calling out to him repeatedly. He only ever acknowledged her when she lightly touched his shoulder causing him to shake violently. "I'm sorry I was just bringing you something to eat", she said holding a tray with food in her right hand. Looking at the food not really having an appetite, " I'm not hungry", he replied.

"Naruto please, you haven't eaten anything the entire week. It's not good for your body right now. At least eat a little so that your body can start recovering, please?" she begged.

Naruto's POV

'Nice one you made her worry about you. You're so weak and pathetic having to rely on others to take care of you.' 'I know, I'm pathetic. Can't even be depressed with being a bother to others, so useless.'

I sat there looking at the tray of food on my lap. I didn't have an appetite but I also didn't have the heart to disappoint Temari, she must have worked hard making it ' And I was going to waste it.' 'There are way more people who deserve this food and kindness then a disapppointment like you ungrateful brat' . I don't want to  disappoint her too so I grabbed the chopsticks with shaky hands and began eating slowly so wouldn't upset my stomach.

Glancing over at Temari she sat on the other side of the bed with a pleased smile on her face. She kept asking me questions about my health but I kept quiet just concentrating on the food.

I appreciate her keeping me company but all I want is my alpha. I haven't seen him since he dropped me of here a week ago. He must not want to see me, I wouldn't blame him, I wouldn't have wanted to see my child's murderer either, " For Kami's sake gaki you are not a murderer. You are not to blame for the death of your child. It's that stupid village's fault. And Gaara isn't avoiding you just ask his sister" Kurama scolded me.

"I... where's Gaara?" The question came out before I could stop myself. I hadn't realised that I had cut her off while she was talking. "He's busy at the office. Paperwork that needed his urgent attention, he should be back later tonight in time for dinner", she replied with a smile.

Absorbing the information I simple pushed the tray of food away having eaten 1/4 of the food on there and lay back down. She must have gotten the memo as she took the tray and left me in the room, alone once again.

################################################

Pamela-chan: Hi again just wanted to let you guys know that this chapter will be split into 2 parts. This is the first part and my attempt at angst and the 2nd part will come later on (maybe after 2 or 3 chapters). Also

 thank you guys for the support and the being patient with me and my irregular posts

So remember that you are beautiful, you're smart and I love you always 😘😘😘😘😘😍😍😍😍. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.