Finally free but at what cost...

Naruto's POV

I've been feeling a little under the weather lately, which is weird for me seeing as I'm a jinchuriki . I never get sick because Kurama always heals me.

This scared me to no end.' What if its something that can't be healed. What if I die before I get to be free from this hell of a village or before Gaara and I can finally be together.'

That thought alone made my sad and I started crying for no reason. My hormones have been acting up these days too.

"Hey kit are you okay?" Asked my only true friend Kurama, the nine tailed fox." I... I'm fine Ku...rama. It... It's just that ever since I started getting sick I've been thinking about what would happen to Gaara w...wh....hen this si...ckn...ness finally k...ills me."

And cue the waterfall of tears again. Damn hormones.

"Wait you think whatever is making you sick is going to kill you? Well that is the most dramatic conclusion I've ever heard. Kit you are not going to die. I know what's making you sick and it's also what's making your hormones go haywire"

"W...wh...what a...re yo...u t...talking about?" I asked.

"Kit you're pregnant"

To say I'm surprised would an understatement. I was both happy and scared at the same time. Happy that I was going to be a mother in about... um...

"5 months kit. Fox pregnancies are usually 5 months but you being human added 2 more months making that 7 so you are 2 months along and you have 5 months left before you and Gaara get to meet your kit or kits" Kurama explained.

5 months until the baby or babies are born, 5 months until Gaara and I become parents, 5 months until I get to hold my baby or babies in my arms and 5 months to figure out a way to get out of this hell hole so Gaara and I can raise our kit/kits in a safe place.

Wait... Gaara!!! I have to tell him. How could I forget? They are his kits too. But I can't tell him. He's the Kazekage, if the council finds out they'll take them away from us, strip him of his Kazekage status and probable banish us or have is executed. I don't want my kids to grow up like we did. Hated ,shunned by our own villages.

I will protect my kits. Even if it means I have to leave the village, even if it means I have to become a missing nin.

~~~~~~~~~~~Later on~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~ That day ~~~~~~

Thanks to Kurama I can hear my kits' heart beat. It is soon soft but strong. This one's a fighter definitely. Anyway as I listened to the baby's heart I packed everything that I needed in order to survive the trip to Sunagakure but I didn't expect guests.

Someone broke down the door to my apartment and by the looks of it, there were at least five and they were drunk shinobi. Chunins to be specific. No no nonononooonono. They are going to hurt my baby, but I can't fight them. Its against shinobi law.

" hey demon, iiiiiisssssstime fsssome fuuunnmm..." one slurred his words. They all came closer until they cornered me. They took out there kunai and started cutting and stabbing me all over. One was about to stab me in my stomach but something in me snapped and I saw red and I blacked out.

When I came to my senses what I saw made my stomach churn. There was a lot of blood on the floor and the shinobi were all horribly mutilated. I didn't have time to react because I sensed a huge amount of chakra heading this way so I quickly grabbed a super beast scroll which I swiped from Sai a few days back and drew a bird big enough for me to ride. I grabbed my bag and got out of the as quick as possible.

I summoned the bird and rode it out of the village gates before the guards could stop me.

For once in my life I felt free. No more pain, no more beating and no more crying myself to sleep. Its just me and my baby against the world. Just as I was enjoying my freedom a kunai flew past my head from behind.

Looking back I saw a few of my  so called friends following me. Shikamaru, Kiba, Lee and Neji." Naruto what are you doing? Why are you running away?" asked Shikamaru." You know for someone so smart I figured you would know the answer to that question Shika!!!"

I made a hard left towards the heart of the forest. I didn't want them to know I was heading to Suna.  As I thought that I was in the clear Neji came out of nowhere and knocked  me of the bird into the trees.

We engaged in a taijutsu battle with me losing since couldn't use my chakra so I wouldn't harm the baby.
"Whatever the reason you chose to leave it couldn't be worth this much fighting" Neji said with pain in his voice. " What I'm fighting for is worth my life, its worth even betraying my own friends. Open your eyes Neji and see that I have something bigger to fight for." He activated his byukugan and was ready for the final blow.

Before he could do anything he linked at me and froze as he stared at my stomach. That instantly sent fear course through my entire body. He stood up straight and a look of horror and understanding crossed his face." Please Neji, let me go. I cannot stay in the leaf village anymore," I begged, yes begged for my kids' life.

Before he could respond there was a loud noise coming from some where and in a matter of seconds, a sharp pain spread through my body.
A kunai sat at the centre of my stomach. "NOOOO!" I heard Neji well and I fell. With the dumb luck I have I landed on the bird I had drawn and flew straight to Suna not even caring that they saw.

I strained my hearing. Wanting to here if my baby was still okay. Slow, very slow and then nothing. No no no no nono. I can't lose you. Please please please let this be some kind of joke. I listened harder but still heard nothing.